Aguero's goal - how many mph?

Yep that one goal in the very last minute meant that the twats beat us by one point to the League that season.If only Dave ... if only.
Last days of December, 1976. I was on my way out of the Platt Lane stand, walking along the front of the stand towards the exit tunnel at the corner with the Main Stand when that back header went in from Dave. That, along with Bell's injury the previous month,cost us the league (as you said).

Last days of December, 1976. I was on my way out of the Platt Lane stand, walking along the front of the stand towards the exit tunnel at the corner with the Main Stand when that back header went in from Dave. That, along with Bell's injury the previous month,cost us the league (as you said).
Strangely enough I was in the Platt Lane End as well and had just left my seat to go down the tunnel between Platt Lane and the right hand corner of the Main Stand,when I heard a shout and realised it wasn`t loud enough for a City goal but those thieving fuckers who somehow nicked a point.

Yes that game was before we had the under soil heating,I was at Leeds two days before 2-0 win Kidd with both goals,Bell was a big miss that season but it was November 75 when he got injured not 76.

I remember it well Oakie. Big Joe, Donachie, Watson, Doyle, Owen, Asa, Barnes, Tueart, Royle. RB would have been Kenny Clements, wouldn't it (before Ranson's time, I think).

and Kiddo IIRC

Just looked it up - Paul Power played half that season as well

Last edited:
Nah, he shinned it.

And besides that, Jim, if that second Burnley guy hadn't have been on the goal line it would have hit the other post, bounced out and Burnley would have fucked us on the counter! We owe all we got to the Burnley lads! Mind, he did wallop it! I hit one a little faster on that bouncy castle shot timer thinggy they have top of Joe Mercer Way - and I was reading the latest issue of KotK as I gave it a smack. the assembled little kiddies were gobsmacked. I'm still waiting for Pep to ring asking if I can turn out for the customary trial.

The only surprise for me is that they haven't tried to take it off him by saying it's an own goal as it hit the post and was going across the line and out before it hit the Burnley defender!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.