Aguero's or Dickov's

SPIDERBOY

just summat my lad said yesterday....."Dad,which one was the turning point"?
Couldn't really answer him as both were major turning points IMO.
Dunno if there has been a thread on this,delete/merge if so.

Thoughts?

Dickov’s wasn’t really a turning point to be fair, just very important, us winning the FA Cup was ‘the turning point’ in my opinion :).

For me though, Agueros goal is the most important, best city day of my life. Aguerooooooooooooooooo

We still had to win a penalty shootout in 99. Aguero's goal won us the league with the last kick of the game

If you look back at 99 - Weavers contribution after the goal was more of a turning point. I think he has been harshly treated by history. We all see the iconic image of Dickov sliding on his knees, very rarely see Nicky Weaver going off on his mental gallop after the shootout. :D

Of course, Aguero is immortalized in video and his iconic shirt off celebration.

All contributors to the current state of MCFC.

The turning point is when HRH bought the club though

Shouldn’t the question be “Dickov, Aguero or Mansour?” ;-)

Even without it breaking the 44 years of hurt, Aguero’s goal made City a global brand, which is what Mansour came here to do, and what has made everything since then possible. I’m sure City would have got out of the third tier, but Dickov’s goal was both a fairy tale and “Typical City,” so it will forever be remembered. But, for me, it doesn’t have th same importance as Aguero’s.

That's like asking me to choose between my two lads.... both superb, both vital but I agree with what somebody else said... the second was dependent on the first...

On the Pitch, Yaya's in the semi against the Rags was a pivotal moment, I think we lost our inferiority complex and realised we were just as good as them if not better.

Dickov's was a turning point, Aguero's was the greatest moment but we haven't followed up on it properly so it's not really been a turning point.

IMO it was either the semi in 2011 or the 6-1 that saw the actual power shift from them to us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.