Aguero's or Dickov's

Posters have already made some very good arguments in favour of all those 'turning points' mentioned.

I find it very difficult to decide, but as others have said, without Dicky's, everything since might not have been possible.

We’ll never know, of course, but it’s very likely that would have been the case, so for the rise and rise of Manchester City, it has to be those scored by Kevin Horlock and Paul Dickov on 30th May 1999.

16th April 2011. Yaya scores and City win the semi final against Utd. The day I really started to believe we could not only compete with them but we could actually start to beat them to the big pots, on a regular basis.
Since that date I’ve never been bothered about coming up against them in any competition. That’s not to say I think we will always beat them but I don’t fear ritual humiliation from them. In fact, given the way they have set up against us since 2012, that fear seems to come from them, which is priceless!

why does a turning point have to be associated with them?

we no longer should use them as a barometer. They are done. We are not on their stratosphere. We are gunning for the Real Madrids and Barcelona's.

why does a turning point have to be associated with them?

we no longer should use them as a barometer. They are done. We are not on their stratosphere. We are gunning for the Real Madrids and Barcelona's.
My reasoning for using either the semi final or the 6-1 is because that was when we stopped using them as a barometer

On the Pitch, Yaya's in the semi against the Rags was a pivotal moment, I think we lost our inferiority complex and realised we were just as good as them if not better.

That's a great shout, they struggled to get the ball back after Yaya's goal as it gave us so much belief and confidence while they lost their heads. Their tantrums at the final whistle said it all as they knew "the game" was up and City were returning to the top table.

I think it depends where you are in your life as well. Football meant more to me when Dickov scored so I’ll have to say that but difficult question.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.