Air Crash Investigation

Big Swifty

I am addicted to this series (mostly repeats now) on Nat Geographic Channel.It is very well done, but it is playing havoc with my mind. I sometimes wish I'd never seen it.
I am now looking for no-fly holidays, and can understand how Dennis Bergkamp refused to fly to Arsenal's foreign away games. If I am forced to go on a flight, I dread it for weeks or months in advance. Coming back from Gran Canaria last month the plane hit a spot of turbulence. Some passengers cried out in fear or shock. I was praying that this was not the end of my life, and swore that I would never go on a plane again.
The airport experience is bad enough in itself, but being cooped up in a metal tube for hours at a time with revolting members of the public, plus the dread of being thrown about and the plane's tail or wings dropping off, is something I cannot bear. I hate and fear spiders, but turbulence is my worst nightmare.
Planes have evolved into highly sophisticated pieces of technology, but they still lurch and roll terrifyingly when the meet a bit of wind or downdraught.
Anyone else got similar fears?

Sorry - don't know how it got repeated

You got a stutter? Or was this a triple just to show how much you love it. :)

I am addicted to this series (mostly repeats now) on Nat Geographic Channel.It is very well done, but it is playing havoc with my mind. I sometimes wish I'd never seen it.
I am now looking for no-fly holidays, and can understand how Dennis Bergkamp refused to fly to Arsenal's foreign away games. If I am forced to go on a flight, I dread it for weeks or months in advance. Coming back from Gran Canaria last month the plane hit a spot of turbulence. Some passengers cried out in fear or shock. I was praying that this was not the end of my life, and swore that I would never go on a plane again.
The airport experience is bad enough in itself, but being cooped up in a metal tube for hours at a time with revolting members of the public, plus the dread of being thrown about and the plane's tail or wings dropping off, is something I cannot bear. I hate and fear spiders, but turbulence is my worst nightmare.
Planes have evolved into highly sophisticated pieces of technology, but they still lurch and roll terrifyingly when the meet a bit of wind or downdraught.
Anyone else got similar fears?

Sorry - don't know how it got repeated
Whenever I'm flying and get scared, I close my eyes, think of my family and recite the Lord's Prayer

Works wonders for me

Scares my passengers shitless though.

Whenever I'm flying and get scared, I close my eyes, think of my family and recite the Lord's Prayer

Works wonders for me

Scares my passengers shitless though.

Reminds me of my grandfather who luckily died in his sleep.

Not so lucky for the 45 passengers on his bus on that fateful, gorge plunging tumble of death and flames.

avoided flying for about 3 years up until last summer when i went to croatia for a couple of weeks. was dreading the flight for weeks beforehand, didnt sleep the night before, couldn't eat breakfast the morning of etc etc etc. but avoiding it will never solve the problem. our fear of flying is irrational, we're more likely to die getting to the plane than whilst on the plane.
Air crash investigation is awesome, but if you were to watch a documentary about flights which didn't have anything go wrong with them, it'd have a lot more episodes and be a lot more boring!
Flying is infrequent for most of us so its easy to stay scared of it, there's no shame in it all. Don't miss out on some great holidays!

i have been watching this show for years and it is brilliant. Some of the things that they show are quite scary.

Love flying, mainly because it means I'm getting off from here. Flights back aren't as enjoyable tbf.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.