Air Crash Investigation

strange enough just watched the Turkish airline advert with Morgan freeman,,,why on earth did they do a film shot of him sat in an plane seat in the middle of a field, brings back flashes of Lockerbie, that was really bad marketing from someone

strange enough just watched the Turkish airline advert with Morgan freeman,,,why on earth did they do a film shot of him sat in an plane seat in the middle of a field, brings back flashes of Lockerbie, that was really bad marketing from someone
I would have thought Paris and Amsterdam.

A few years ago one of the airlines at Manchester Airport organised one of those nervous flyer courses. Everything went according to plan, the nervous flyers boarded the plane, and up into the sky it went. The plane then developed a problem requiring an emergency landing. I kid you not. It really did happen.

There was also a German (I think) guy many years ago who survived a plane crash. Miraculously unhurt, he was repatriated in a light aircraft that also crashed, and survived unhurt.

I've never been bothered about flying myself, it doesn't worry me, though I accept some people are frightened about flying like others are scared of spiders or walk up stairs because they have a phobia about lifts.

I remember back in the late '80's the night before we were going on a skiing trip, a friend and I hit the town, and we ended up in Band on the Wall. It was a cracking night, and I bought some spliffs off a bloke while I was in there. It was good stuff, and after the taxi ride back to my friends house in Altrincham, I thought I'd walk home. I had a couple of joints left in my pocket, so I puffed away on one on my walk home.

By the time I got home I only had about an hour or so before I was being picked up to be taken to the airport. There was no point going to bed, so I threw what was needed into a bag, and smoked the last spliff waiting for the car to arrive.

I was flying before I got to the airport, my friends were laughing at the state of me when I showed up, but I have to say it's the best flight I have ever been on.

Orion Air, you were magnificently high that crisp and clear morning, and so was I.

I loved every second of that flight. It was brilliant.

I haven't bothered with drugs for decades now, but I always wanted to fly while I was high, and it wasn't a disappointment.

Not scared of flying one bit.
However if the flight number is 191 there is no way I'm getting on!

No AirAsia. I flew with Laos airlines from Vientiane to Bangkok too, that wasn't pleasant either.
I was having a light refreshment with the ops chief of Air Asia here in Malaysia and I told him about your experience and the standard of the plane. He was interested to follow it up as the fleet is young and the planes should not be in the condition you described. PM me with the details and I will pass them on to him.

Worst flight was coming back for Norway. I didnt even know you could get turbulence at 500ft but the plane was all over the place coming into land. It did that thing where they come into land sideways because of the wind. Shat myself.
Last month the plane the Madrid aborted its landed just before it touched down, the pilot didn't even mention anything about it so no idea why. Again, shat myself.

Windshear

I had a mate who did some contract work for an African Airline (which I won't name). He was asked to carry out a modification to a cable loom, and upon removing the lacing cord from the loom he noticed some damage to the insulation of some adjacent cables. He brought it to the attention of the supervisor who pulled a bottle of Tipex out of his pocket and proceeded to paint over the area of damage so that you couldn't see it. My mate tried to complain, but was told that if he wanted to continue contracting for them he was to keep his mouth shut. He quit on the spot and reported it to the airport authorities. To this day he doesn't know if the complaint was upheld, or if it was tipexed under the carpet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.