Alan Oakes

My favourite player ever.

My Mum's favourite City player too. This, I think after a commenter once called him the 'old man' of the City team during a match on telly. Unfortunately, I can't remember who we were playing. My Mum always called him by that nickname after that match;)

Wonderful.
We`ve had Glyn come to a couple of our Mid Cheshire SC Meetings (Northwich & Winsford) and he`s very high hopes for his grandson (and that of Mike Doyles also) Tommy Doyle who plays for our under 18`s.
I've heard a lot of good things about Tommy Doyle. How amazing would it be to see Mike Doyles grandson run out in a sky blue shirt. My dad would love it! Along with Bell,.Doyle was his favourite.

Alan was very unfortunate that England had a true World Class player,playing in the same position as himself,Bobby Moore.Had Moore not been about then I would say that Alan would almost certainly have got some caps,but then along came another superb left wing back ...Norman Hunter.
Alan was so unlucky to have been born at the same time as Moore,but its nothing to be ashamed of,coming a runner up to a superb player and Captain such as Bobby Moore.I know Alan and was with him a couple of weeks ago and he`s not the sort of bloke that would go around complaining,just not his nature.
So glad that both him and his cousin Glyn Pardoe were at the time with one of the most successful Clubs in Europe and both coming from my home town of Winsford.
As an aside, I will be playing dominoes and having a fair few pints of liquid refreshment later tonight,with Alans elder brother,Ken,who is one of my best mates,hence my "glowing" report on Alan.

Joe Corrigan had the same problem with having Ray Clemence and Peter Shilton playing during his time if I remember.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.