Album of the day - All Saints (Saints & Sinners)

BlueHammer85

0000015291_350.jpg

Saints & Sinners is the second studio album by British-Canadian girl group All Saints. It was released three years after their debut album, All Saints. The album reached number one in the UK, their only album to do so. Three tracks on the album were produced by William Orbit, best known for his work with Madonna on her Ray of Light album. The album received mixed reviews from music critics, praising the singles and the new direction of music, while some felt it was too similar to the Spice Girls and Madonna's album Ray of Light.

Three singles were released from the album: "Pure Shores", "Black Coffee" and "All Hooked Up". Promo copies of the track "Surrender" began circulating in early January 2001, indicating it would have been the fourth proper single from the album had the group not disbanded soon after the album's release. The first single from the album, the Orbit-produced "Pure Shores", preceded the album by several months, having been previously released on the soundtrack for the 2000 film The Beach. It topped the UK Singles Chart and was certified Platinum. Second single "Black Coffee" also got to number one in the UK, whilst final single "All Hooked Up" peaked at number seven.

The majority of the songs were written by Shaznay Lewis and Karl Gordon. Melanie Blatt wrote two tracks on the album, "I Feel You" and "Ha Ha", the former track being written in dedication to her daughter, while Natalie Appleton co-wrote the track "Dreams" with Samantha Fox. Fox said she is credited on the song as "Karen Wilkin" because All Saints refused to record the song if she used her real name.Commercially, Saints & Sinners wasn't as successful as its preceding album.

1. Pure Shores
2. All Hooked Up
3. Dreams
4. Distance
5. Black Coffee
6. Whoopin' Over You
7. I Feel You
8. Surrender
9. Ha Ha
10. Love Is Love
11. "Ready, Willing And Able"
12. Saints & Sinners
13. I Don't Wanna Be Alone
14. One More Tequila

Can only pick 'Pure Shores' as the stand out decent pop song , 'Black Coffee' another huge seller very similar sound to 'Pure Shores' is not a bad track either - But despite this album topping the charts, the decent harmony's and a landscape dreamy RnB sound (Maddona'esque) all way through - the rest of the album and especially the lyrics is pretty poor.

4.9/10

They may look good ... but fuck me 'their' music is dire ... and their butt raping of the Chillis' song is unforgivable ... a cover on par with the X Factor-esque overblown dirge, that is Disturbed's take on Bridge Over Troubled Water, which makes the original sound happy ....

I'd rather analy pleasure myself with a broken bottle than listen to this plastic shit. Hang your head blue hammer and read the CoC about wumming the forum. You're a fucking wrong 'un mate and I hope your house burns down with your shitty album collection stuck inside.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.