Album of the day - Bruce Springsteen (Magic)

BlueHammer85

bruce-springsteen-magic-cover-album.jpg

Magic is the fifteenth studio album by Bruce Springsteen. The album was released on September 25, 2007, by Columbia Records. It was his first with the E Street Band since The Rising in 2002. The album ranked number two on Rolling Stone's list of the Top 50 Albums of 2007.

1. Radio Nowhere
2. You'll Be Comin' Down
3. Livin' In The Future
4. Your Own Worst Enemy
5. Gypsy Biker
6. Girls In Their Summer Clothes
7. I'll Work For Your Love
8. Magic
9. Last To Die
10. Long Walk Home
11. Devil's Arcade
12. Terry's Song

First ever Album review here for The Boss and we kick off with Bruce Springsteen's fifteenth studio album 'Magic' - As always with Springsteen this is a emotionally charged album with the trusted help of the E Street Band, Big catchy and at times political songs - starting with the opener 'Radio Nowhere' and continuing all the way through. 'Long Walk Home' 'Last to Die' and 'Devil's Arcade' all showcase great lyrics and melodies, much of the Music could be taken from his breakthrough album 'Born In The USA' with big saxophone hooks and guitar riffs, impressive that 23 years later he can still display the same energy both on here and live. Whilst all these tracks are very good i cant point to one that stands out particularly - which would be my only criticism - That aside this is Bruce back to his best and a enjoyable album.

7.7/10

It's a good album and a testament to Springsteen's talent that he can still deliver the goods after all these years. Very few acts can claim to have achieved such a consistently high standard over a long career.

"Radio Nowhere" and "Girls In Their Summer Clothes" are my personal favourites from this one.

some people don't realise how political the boss is with his lyrics. not familar with this though so can't really comment

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.