Album of the day - Prodigy (The Fat Of The Land)

BlueHammer85

prodigy.png

The Fat of the Land is the third studio album by English electronic dance music group The Prodigy. The album was released by XL Recordings on 30 June 1997 and on 1 July 1997 in the United States by Maverick Records.

The album has received critical acclaim and has sold over 10 million copies worldwide as of 2012

1. Smack My woman Up
2. Breathe
3. Diesel Power
4. Funky Shit
5. Serial Thrilla
6. Mindfields
7. Narayan
8. Firestarter
9. Climatize
10. Fuel My Fire

Review 164

Huge album from Prodigy - mixing heavy dance beats with punk,pop,rap, techno and Metal - the sample use and funky rhythms flow all way through these tracks with so much anger and energy, most notably 'Firestarter' probably my least favorite on here perhaps overplayed over the years - the rest is just superb and still sounds fresh and new. controversial opener, 'Smack My woman Up' sets the pace (awesome video for this if you haven't seen it) followed by their other big hit 'breathe' and the rest are all great dance rock songs - nothing to fault here, it's a classic.

9.1/10

Top album, must admit I've not played it for a long while but played it non stop when it came out. Love climatize and narayan and breathe is a killer tune. I went to see them touring this at the g-mex in December 97 with foo fighters supportng, great live band and full of energy. Great choice OP.

Great album, this. Add seeing my them live aboout the same time at a blisteringly sunny Knebworth supporting Oasis and you're onto an absolute winner of a day.

Plus I'm fascinated by these types of little crabs that have seemingly fat, plump arms. For some reason they make me want to sink my teeth into them - like babies' bums!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.