Album of the day - Prodigy (The Fat Of The Land)

Bollocks they were good,Oasis were untouchable at knebworth

I'm not knocking Oasis, they were great and I wouldn't have spent the time and money I did going to Knebworth if I didn't think that. I saw them plenty of times from Boardwalk through to Maine Road and always thought they were great. Some bands 'play' and some 'perform'. Oasis were definitely one of the former bands and there's nothing wrong with that.
The simple fact, in my view, is that they came on right after a band who put on a 'performance' that, as GdB says above, was 'unfuckingbelievable'. The way Prodigy the built their set, worked the crowd and gave it everything was incredible. By the time of Knebworth and in the years since, Prodigy had loads of experience working the big European festivals and it showed. They knew how to work a big crowd (look at the Red Square gig on YouTube for example). Oasis in comparison looked a little lost in the occasion, which is understandable and also, because they 'play', had a fraction of the stage presence. Again, they were great, but the optics made them seem underwhelming. If they'd come on straight after The Manic Street Preachers, who were bang average that day, they would've looked so much better.
I know it's all opinions, but over the years I've spoken with several people who were there that day who thought the same.

I'm not knocking Oasis, they were great and I wouldn't have spent the time and money I did going to Knebworth if I didn't think that. I saw them plenty of times from Boardwalk through to Maine Road and always thought they were great. Some bands 'play' and some 'perform'. Oasis were definitely one of the former bands and there's nothing wrong with that.
The simple fact, in my view, is that they came on right after a band who put on a 'performance' that, as GdB says above, was 'unfuckingbelievable'. The way Prodigy the built their set, worked the crowd and gave it everything was incredible. By the time of Knebworth and in the years since, Prodigy had loads of experience working the big European festivals and it showed. They knew how to work a big crowd (look at the Red Square gig on YouTube for example). Oasis in comparison looked a little lost in the occasion, which is understandable and also, because they 'play', had a fraction of the stage presence. Again, they were great, but the optics made them seem underwhelming. If they'd come on straight after The Manic Street Preachers, who were bang average that day, they would've looked so much better.
I know it's all opinions, but over the years I've spoken with several people who were there that day who thought the same.
Ocean colour scene we're top the sound was great craddocks guitar was echoing all around.

^^Yep. They blew Oasis off the stage at Knebworth. One of the best live performances I've ever seen.

Fully agree.

Oasis at Maine Road (I went on the Saturday when we beat Villa) were incredible and it will always be one of my favourite gigs ever.

Knebworth......The Prodigy were the best band of the day. I remember just before they came on, we all went for a beer run, to stock up before Oasis came on.
We got to the beer stall, heard the opening to "Voodoo People", looked round, saw 120,000 pairs of hands clapping and thought "we need to be in amongst that"!!!

Bouncing around, we watched The Prodigy.......then went for beer!!!

They were amazing that day

Fully agree.

Oasis at Maine Road (I went on the Saturday when we beat Villa) were incredible and it will always be one of my favourite gigs ever.

Knebworth......The Prodigy were the best band of the day. I remember just before they came on, we all went for a beer run, to stock up before Oasis came on.
We got to the beer stall, heard the opening to "Voodoo People", looked round, saw 120,000 pairs of hands clapping and thought "we need to be in amongst that"!!!

Bouncing around, we watched The Prodigy.......then went for beer!!!

They were amazing that day
Remember that oasis gig well...Liam proclaimed "we wont go down!!"
But we did.
Also,around that time went up to Loch Loman to see them....beer/City fest basically...anyway,the support band were Manic Street Preachers....the background to the stage were mountains...and this little man walked up to the mic (i thought ..wheres he goin??!!)and he blew me away.That scotland jaunt wasnt about oasis,nor was it about the oh so secret Black Grape appearance....it was MSP for me.Wow,what a voice!!
Never seen/heard anything like it.Brilliant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.