Album of the day - Scissor Sisters (Scissor Sisters)

BlueHammer85

Scissoralbum.jpg

Scissor Sisters is the debut studio album by American glam rock band Scissor Sisters, first released in 2004. It was released by Polydor in the UK. It reached number 1 on the UK and Irish albums charts, and was the best-selling album of 2004 in the UK. Since its release it has gone 9× Platinum in the UK, selling over 2,700,000 copies in the country alone. In Ireland it has been certified 5× Platinum. The album was not as successful in their native USA, peaking at #102 on the Billboard 200. The album has sold 3,300,000 copies worldwide, and is listed as one of 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die in the book of the same name, edited by Robert Dimery.

The album won Best International Album at the 2005 BRIT Awards. In July 2006 it was named by Attitude as the top gay album of all time

1. Laura
2. Take Your Mama
3. Comfortably Numb
4. Mary
5. Lovers In The Backseat
6. T*ts On The Radio
7. Filthy/Gorgeous
8. Music Is The Victim
9. Better Luck
10. It Can't Come Quickly Enough
11. Return To Oz

Scissor Sisters debut Album is also by far there biggest, plenty of well known tracks on here whilst also containing one of the worst cover songs of all time with 'Comfortably Numb' , how i have sat through this song 8 times this week is a bigger personal achievement than completing the Marathon, away from this the released tracks 'Laura', 'Take Your Mama', 'Mary' and 'Filthy/Gorgeous' are good catchy pop songs, the rest are pretty garbage, lyrically most of this is pretty camp (shock) and whilst highlighting some important topics they are done in tongue in cheek, fun natured electro pop but not really my cup of tea.

6.6/10

"Mabel; put the popcorn on. QUICKLY!!!"

Surely Mancunians on a footie forum which have been raised in the sounds of Morrisey, Marr, the Gallaghers and the Roses will take fondly to the camp pop of the Scissor Sisters

Surely Mancunians on a footie forum which have been raised in the sounds of Morrisey, Marr, the Gallaghers and the Roses will take fondly to the camp pop of the Scissor Sisters
We're not all fans of some of them, my 'ammer chum. Do all Cockernees like Chas 'n' Dave, irrespective of their iffy taste in football teams?

We're not all fans of some of them, my 'ammer chum. Do all Cockernees like Chas 'n' Dave, irrespective of their iffy taste in football teams?

How can you be a Music fan and not like Smiths, Oasis and Stone Roses.

Get out !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.