Alcoholism/ serious mental illness

idahoblues

Don't like to do serious posts but just heard that a woman I've known for nearly 20 years has finally had the courage to walk away from her degenerate husband. As a community, we've watched this guy implode, from a good looking stand up guy and husband he's turned into practically an invalid. She stood by his side whilst everyone tried to help, I love her for her persaverance but can't help feeling sorry for her now that she has finally had the courage to walk away with the realisation of the last ten years. I actually thought that it would end with far worse but don't want to tempt providence by mentioning it. I love my beer but alcohol and anti depressants are the scourge of any society, sorry to be a downer but it's a very real threat to any of us or our families

From the point of view of the patient, I can sympathise.

Mental illness is confusing, frustrating and painful. Sometimes you'll reach for anything to take away the pain.

Alcohol was always my go-to before I went through a reduction program. Now I have a pint and a half on a night out, if even that. Not perfect, but getting towards abstinence. I can do without a pint and a half.

I'm sorry for both parties in this case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.