Aleix Garcia - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be much more heavily involved - aside from the occasional game against particular opponents, I'd have him ahead of Fernando in the pecking order, and obviously well ahead of Zaba.
If he were given the requisite game time, I think he'd turn out to be a gem. No guarantees, of course, but must be worth a punt.

Everytime I've seen him I thought he looked great. Guessing Pep disagrees as in our current state I'd give him more game time. We should probs get rid in which case, shame but if he ain't gonna get on the pitch now might as well not bother.

it's almost like if pep had used him in the first half of the season, its situations like these that we would reaping the rewards. sorry but peps use of youth so far has been tragic. he must have he reasons but the quality of players being supplied to him isn't one. regardless, pep's obviously the perfect man for the job still.

hes the only one who moves into the space after making a pass, 2 steps ahead of quite a few, ridiculous he isn't featuring.

So far we have no idea if he's any good in high pressure because Pep seemingly hates to use substitutes unless he thinks the game is won.

Sorry, but that line about substitutes is 24 karat bullshit! Most of the time he's using substitutes to turn the game around.

Sorry, but that line about substitutes is 24 karat bullshit! Most of the time he's using substitutes to turn the game around.
More often than not he doesn't use all three substitutes and frequently gives Iheanacho 2 mins at the end of a game.

it is hard to justify picking youth players when you are under pressure and have a guy with 60+ caps, on upwards of 150k a week in the same position.

For instance, if he picked Garcia against Spurs, and left Toure out he would be crucified in the press, if we got beaten. If Garcia was English it wouldn't be as big an issue in the media.

Spurs might not be the right game for him. They are extremely physical through the middle with Wanyama, Dier, Dembele all big powerful blokes. We've got midgets in there. Apart from Toure who might as well be 5' 4 for all the headers he wins.

I do like him as a player. He looks to be very efficient on the ball. As someone said above he looks to be a step or two ahead of other players, and always willing to show which is a great trait

it is hard to justify picking youth players when you are under pressure and have a guy with 60+ caps, on upwards of 150k a week in the same position.

For instance, if he picked Garcia against Spurs, and left Toure out he would be crucified in the press, if we got beaten. If Garcia was English it wouldn't be as big an issue in the media.

Spurs might not be the right game for him. They are extremely physical through the middle with Wanyama, Dier, Dembele all big powerful blokes. We've got midgets in there. Apart from Toure who might as well be 5' 4 for all the headers he wins.

I do like him as a player. He looks to be very efficient on the ball. As someone said above he looks to be a step or two ahead of other players, and always willing to show which is a great trait

if there good enough it shouldnt matter. spurs are playing their youngsters all the time, with small technical players like winks getting loads of first team football. sterling and silva are both midgets, height has nothing to do with it. if yaya was left out swell i dont think the media would be bothered at all. hes the manager and should be making the choices that are right for us. if hes picking players based on wages, rather then talent then hes not a very good manager.

Alexander-Arnold got a start in a very high-pressure game on Sunday, and I really don't believe he's better than Maffeo. For some reason we seem more reluctant to start academy players than Tottenham (Winks), Everton (Davies), Southampton (Sims), United (Rashford) and Arsenal (Iwobi).

It's hard to imagine results would have been much worse if he had featured more. Plus he would have more experience and would be ready for next season when the old guard have left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.