Aleix Garcia - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really understands that role and as some have said, he keeps things simple but he also does the more positive stuff and it still looks simple.
His passing is very good and he is good a dictating the play. He sports it up, slows it down and nearly always at the right time.

Very impressive tonight.

Good performance. Think he only cost £1.5m when he was bought from Villarreal in 2015. Potential bargain here.

His role was basically what Yaya has been doing. Thought he carried it off very nicely.

Some nice touches, some great tackles, read the game well.

Gave the ball once which left us a bit exposed but that's only because he was trying to play through the lines. Can't knock him for that.

Don't think Yaya will be offered another contract. Think Delph and Fernando will be sold.

Gundogan
Silva
De Bruyne
Garcia
Fernandinho

Can all play centrally. We can afford to lose the ones I mentioned and not purchase. I think Aleix is a shoe in next season.

It demonstrated tonight that he has a quality on the ball. Putting him in the starting 11 paid off with established players around him.

Very tidy again, comfortable & confident on the ball. Only thing I noted was he doesn't seem to have developed that awareness of what's around him that the more senior guys in that role have - a little quick to lay it off early in the direct he's facing, where a Silva will turn into space, Yaya will be ready to hold off the opposition as he's receiving, or De Bruyne will pass first time round the corner.

Imagine that'll develop with time, he's not had many minutes this season, and even fewer at this level. Has many positive attributes to be a success & hope we give him game time when suitable.
I thinks its more the other players don't move to receive the ball myself. He sees where they should be, and they're not in sync yet, when they are he is going to be phenomenal.

Had a shaky first half, which is totally understandable and expected for a young player who's played only a couple of games with the first team. His second half showed everyone what this lad is capable of.

He was playing intelligent passes, making fantastic tackles and getting back to defend time and time again. hes at least earnt another appearance in the first team soon.

I thought he was tidy, if quite pedestrian in the first half. Grew into the game, raised his tempo a bit, got stuck in a bit more and made more and more influential passes as the game went on.

Clearly needs the game time to step up a level in intensity and build the confidence to command the play more, which was the real thing I felt we lacked without Silva and Yaya in the first half.

Just felt he needs a bit of oomph and zip. Not saying he needs to run around a lot as that's not really his style, but first half it just felt he was a little "happy to be here", then second half he grew into it and started to make his mark a bit more.

Certainly doesn't look out of place which is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.