Aleix Garcia - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will be a superb player for years to come and I just hope it's with us.

One of those who has a map of the pitch in his head because he spends more time looking over his shoulder than at the ball and he can just offload it straight away. Really neat in possession.

Naturally, some will accuse him of playing it too safe but his job is to keep the ball moving and to always be an option for a teammate. There was a moment last night when he played a seemingly pointless pass when under minimal pressure to Bravo but sprinted back in the centre to receive the return pass knowing he'd then be in acres of space. He then proceeded to bring the ball forward through the space he had created and split their midfield with a purposeful ball through to Fernandinho (I think it was Dinho, will have to rewatch).

He did make a couple of poor decisions but I think Pep had it spot on when he said Aleix started off a bit nervous but grew into the game. And I like that he wasn't put off by their brutes and managed to put in a couple of decent challenges toward the end.

Can't help but heap praise on his ability to turn on a dime and hit a perfectly weighted ball with precision. Normally it takes a few seconds for a player to adjust, scan the horizon before hitting those sorts of balls but he does it in a fraction of the time, and last night we saw him use this to release the ball even under pressure. His ability to transition the ball into dangerous areas with haste was part of how we managed to keep Huddersfield exposed so often in that game.

He will be a superb player for years to come and I just hope it's with us.

One of those who has a map of the pitch in his head because he spends more time looking over his shoulder than at the ball and he can just offload it straight away. Really neat in possession.

Naturally, some will accuse him of playing it too safe but his job is to keep the ball moving and to always be an option for a teammate. There was a moment last night when he played a seemingly pointless pass when under minimal pressure to Bravo but sprinted back in the centre to receive the return pass knowing he'd then be in acres of space. He then proceeded to bring the ball forward through the space he had created and split their midfield with a purposeful ball through to Fernandinho (I think it was Dinho, will have to rewatch).

He did make a couple of poor decisions but I think Pep had it spot on when he said Aleix started off a bit nervous but grew into the game. And I like that he wasn't put off by their brutes and managed to put in a couple of decent challenges toward the end.

A decent summary and mirrors my own opinion. I thought he operated very well considering he has had limited game time; slotted right into the side.

I thinks its more the other players don't move to receive the ball myself. He sees where they should be, and they're not in sync yet, when they are he is going to be phenomenal.
Perhaps, just an area I think he can improve in, and something that will require minutes & experience. Does look like he could be a very nice player for us.

You could see the lad grow in confidence the longer the game went on, and i thought i could see all the other players looking and wanting to give him the ball.

Hc has better touch on the ball than Fern, but of course is just beginning his career. Reads a game very well and excellent eye for a pass. Plenty of upside with this lad.

A very neat and tidy player. Be interesting to see how he does under pressure against teams that are in his face and not giving him time on the ball, but I like what I've seen so far.

A very neat and tidy player. Be interesting to see how he does under pressure against teams that are in his face and not giving him time on the ball, but I like what I've seen so far.

Huddersfield pressed well, Wagner is Klopps old assistant and gegenpressing has been a massive feature of Huddersfield's play this season. If he looks fine against them, he'll be fine against 90% of opposition.

He looks like he had time on the ball because 1) His movement to find pockets of space is superb, and 2) he already knows what he's doing when the ball arrives, which makes it look like he's got more time than he has.

Huddersfield pressed well, Wagner is Klopps old assistant and gegenpressing has been a massive feature of Huddersfield's play this season. If he looks fine against them, he'll be fine against 90% of opposition.

He looks like he had time on the ball because 1) His movement to find pockets of space is superb, and 2) he already knows what he's doing when the ball arrives, which makes it look like he's got more time than he has.
Well yeah, to a point. He'll be facing a lot sterner tests against a lot better opposition over the next couple of seasons. He looks like he's got the tools to cope though and like I said, I'll be interested to see his progression.

Very tidy. For me should be getting in ahead of the Ferns(in midfield, Dinho can play lb all he wants over Clichy) for the final 10 mins of games to close them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.