Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by blightee, 13 Aug 2016.

1. GortonBlue62

GortonBlue62

A good fan doesn't repeatedly target individual players - but there's plenty of dickhead fans who do.

They always existed. Ian Bowyer is the first example I can remember but I bet there are people older than me who can recall earlier examples.

Much as I despise these pricks, it doesn't mean they're not City fans.

2. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

Good post mate. They just aren't helping the Team.

3. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Sorry so late in replying.

Utter bollocks.

Cheers.

4. eversince 76

eversince 76

Indeed utter bullocks for reacting so late. Excuses accepted. See you in Monaco? Cheering on Kolarov?

5. Neville Kneville

Neville Kneville

Nah, I can't do much away stuff unfortunately.

6. wagonman

wagonman

Retired Street Performer.
    I am pretty certain that Pep Guardiola knows an awful lot about football, its players, systems and tactics.

He thinks enough about Mr Kolarov skills and ability and attitude to play him often.

Mr Neville Kneville doesn't seem to.

What does Mr N K know that Pep doesn't?

JJ

7. Pablo1

Pablo1

He's having his best season yet, I can acknowledge the proper nightmares he's had over the years but credit where it's due he's been as solid a CB as we could wish for considering the money we've spent on that position.

8. Damocles

Damocles

Good post.

He isn't Baresi and will be replaced in the summer but he's a good person to have around the squad due to his versatility and the new position has given him a new lease on life. Like much of our team he's beaten too easily by simple attacking drills such as one twos or near post crosses, but don't think anyone would blink any more if he lined up at CB in a CL knockout game.

Squad player who is getting lots of games due to poor quality depth. Can see why we wanted Laporte or another left sided centre back. Think he's got one more year after this and wouldn't be surprised to see him leave on a free after that.

But for now he's fine. I've got a lot more confidence in him recently and he seems to stabilise Stones in a way that Otamendi doesn't - perhaps because he's less inclined to push out and dive in he's a bit more predictable to play with?

9. taleofbluehalves

taleofbluehalves

Pep deserves a lot of credit for turning him into a decent CB. I don't think anyone could have foreseen his improvement.

10. doobyedoobye

doobyedoobye

I think Pep will keep him. His versatility will secure him a new contract IMO.