Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do love city fans sometimes.
What's wrong with what I've said? If you think we can go into games against Chelsea, United, Liverpool etc domestically and Real, Bayern and Barca with him trying to pass the ball under pressure and stay switched on enough to mark genuinely world class players then that's fair enough.

very impressed with Kolarov today! Played really well and surpriced me alot with his game... was extremely nervous before with both him and caballero involved in the center of defence but both was excellent today!

1 loose pass early on then played well. Liked his run through the Sunderland team- we need more of that brave running.

Certainly played well today mate. A toss up between him, Stones or Ferna for MotM IMO, with Sterling not far behind
Agreed he was very good. I'm just not of the opinion that he is a safe option against the better sides. Certainly not if he is surrounded by Caballero, Clichy and Sagna. Don't get me wrong, they're all decent enough but a bit short of top quality technical ability and speed of thought....which is important if we're wanting to implement this kind of play against the better team in Europe...which Is the aim

MOTM according to whoscored. It's a proud day to be a Kolarov fan. There aren't too many of us on here.

Screenshot_2016_08_13_15_36_32.png

As i've been saying for seasons now, some people just hate Kolarov for being Kolarov. Excellent performance today, didn't have aan awful lot to do but didn't put a foot wrong and used the ball intelligently. I think we're underestimating just how difficult it is to learn an entirely new position in such a short space of time, especially one as crucial as centre back. Based on that, i'd much rather see Kolarov there than the rash and tactically weak Otamendi, i think even Pep would have a job getting him to stay in position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.