Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Kolarov is still in the heads. Imo he was the one defender that was decent when having the ball. A few long range passes went astray but he was the only one trying. Btw the back line was put in to trouble because Silva and Gindogan didn't control midfield and therefore Fernandinho was overrun. But hey ...even MEN are trying to get your heads turn by singling out remarks about Kolarov on social media in order to try and show why an English player as in Stones should've started the game. Maybe you have to be foreign to see that.

Agree. Otamendi was even worse than Kolarov's performance last night in that game but Bournemouth didn't cash in.

I just think the pressure and atmosphere got to kolorav and Otemendi last night all they were doing was hoofing it when under pressure they havent been doing that previously.

As good as Kolorov was on the ball that day we defended poorly in that game but ironically kept a clean sheet. Bournemouth could easily have scored 3 that day when Kolorov and Ota played together then too. The fact Bournemouth missed some great chances and Kolorov played some brilliant passes meant he got much praise but the signs of a defensive disaster when starting 2 slow and very average defenders were there then.
Yeah that's all well and good but the Bournmouth chances weren't created because of Kolarov but because of Otamendi who's ironically being touted at the best CB around on these boards.

Yeah that's all well and good but the Bournmouth chances weren't created because of Kolarov but because of Otamendi who's ironically being touted at the best CB around on these boards.

Agree it was Ota that had a mare that day but was just trying to point out if they'd have taken their chances I don't think one of the 2 centre backs would have been getting singled out as being brilliant after the match. I don't particularly rate either of them despite Kolorov improving a lot this season it's a strange pairing to choose against pace.

Our centre backs were put under pressure because our midfield was poor. Silva and Gundogan in particular gave no protection, didn't press as expected and wasn't offering themselves for the pass out from the back. Kolarov didn't have a great game but he wasn't helped by the players infront of him either. The guy has been brilliant in a completely new position all season, yet people can't wait to jump on him again the very second he has a poor game

As most of you will know Kolarov is not my favourite player and I certainly wanted him out of the club this summer.However I have eaten a fucking big chunk of humble pie and given credit to him.Last night he appeared to be back to him usual self.Slag him off ?? No. I just hope it was a blip on his otherwise great season,so please Kola,show us it was just a one off piss poor game.

At least we now have a manager who will tell him in no uncertain terms what he did wrong and what is expected.

Last season any mistakes would just be left to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.