Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
As most of you will know Kolarov is not my favourite player and I certainly wanted him out of the club this summer.However I have eaten a fucking big chunk of humble pie and given credit to him.Last night he appeared to be back to him usual self.Slag him off ?? No. I just hope it was a blip on his otherwise great season,so please Kola,show us it was just a one off piss poor game.
Sums it up pretty well, that.

He had a good start to the season last year too but turned to shit.

He isn't a CB and against a side with pace and one that works that hard he will struggle. If he has to play,
Keep him on the left because Clichy is very average.
I fear him more at LB to be honest. Think he's looked more suited to the CB role so far this season.

Fullbacks is the obvious area of weakness for us & you'd expect we'll get it fixed over the next couple windows.

Until then we can just hope for the Kolarov of the first 10 games.

I dont even think it was a poor game last night.... I think he made a mistake and we paid for it. Other than that from what I saw he was confident, even after making the mistake.

He had a bad game last night. But along with sterling he has been one of the twobiggest positive surprises this season. I hated seing his name on the team sheet last season, but pep has restored my faith in him. Aguero was poor last night too, but i dont want him gone either...

To those of you in this thread whom are questioning Kolarov and a possible return to sketchy form based on one mistake, how the hell did you manage to watch Mangala last season? You must have been heavily sedated and strapped to a chair to get through games.

Last edited:
To those of you in this thread whom are questioning Kolarov and a possible return to sketchy form based on one mistake, how the hell did you manage to watch Mangala last season? You must have been heavily sedated and strapped to a chair to get through games.

We were, and that's why he's gone lol.

If using Kolorov at CB, the pairing should be with Stones.
-Ota takes a lotta risks, would rather have a natural CB watching his backside, than a converted back...at least at this stage, that could certainly change though.

Thought he was poor last night but plenty of others were too. The way Fernandinho was diving into tackles and missing the ball last night was ridiculous. Personally I think kolarov will be great for city in games at home or even some away where we dominate the ball. I still think he will struggle when asked to defend or put under lots of pressure.

At the end of last season i thought we needed 2 class full backs. I still do. Am convinced we will improve this position in next 2 Windows.

Kolarov did not have a bad game last night but he did make one very costly error. I've watched the game twice and second time round was paying particular attention to him. He wasn't perfect but overall he did OK. This idea that he somehow regressed to a prior naff version is plain wrong. Also, and I've repeated this umpteen times, at some point last season the Fink Tank produced a table of the most consistent(ly good) players over the last few seasons and Kola was the second highest defender on the list; the bad news for Kola was that Clichy was the one defender ahead of him.

There's a reason Pep appreciates him far more than our fan base has and it ain't because Pep doesn't know his football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.