Aleksandar Kolarov - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kolarov is great going forward. His left foot is astonishingly good. If we're not pressed and he has time - we'll fucking kill it with Kolarov in the team.

At the same time, Kolarov lacks pace. And his one on one defensive ability sucks. If the opposition can exploit these weaknesses, Kolarov is a liability.

Kolarov, at this point in time, absolutely deserves a spot in out squad. The trick is figuring out when best to play him.

Against sides that aggressively press and that are very fast on the wings, Kolarov should take a rest.

Against sides that are slower, that cannot press aggressively on the left, than Kolarov should absolutely start every game given our current squad.

Both fullback spots are a weakness. We need to upgrade to improve pace and defensive ability. Once we do this, Kolarov and Zabba will not start in any meaningful game barring injuries; though Kolarov is a bit more versatile than Zabba and might start an centerback if injuries allow this or if we're facing poor opposition and it's safe to rest more suitable players.
=======
Kolarov will play a good supporting role for us this season - often starting.

Next season with a big transfer window ahead of us - it's 50-50 that Kolarov will be moved on; he'll be a year older and even less pacy than he currently is.
======
I do not - frankly understand all the "wank," "he sucks," opionion of a lot of Bluemoon members.

Yeah - Kolarov sucks defensively one-on-one - and he shouldn't be played in games where defense is at a premium if possible - but going forward, his cultured left foot, if left uncovered, destroys the opposition.
====
Bottom line - I like Kolarov - I value his contribution to our side - but I cannot see him here next year (likely) and there's no chance that he's here two year's hence.

Kolarov is great going forward. His left foot is astonishingly good. If we're not pressed and he has time - we'll fucking kill it with Kolarov in the team.

At the same time, Kolarov lacks pace. And his one on one defensive ability sucks. If the opposition can exploit these weaknesses, Kolarov is a liability.

Kolarov, at this point in time, absolutely deserves a spot in out squad. The trick is figuring out when best to play him.

Against sides that aggressively press and that are very fast on the wings, Kolarov should take a rest.

Against sides that are slower, that cannot press aggressively on the left, than Kolarov should absolutely start every game given our current squad.

Both fullback spots are a weakness. We need to upgrade to improve pace and defensive ability. Once we do this, Kolarov and Zabba will not start in any meaningful game barring injuries; though Kolarov is a bit more versatile than Zabba and might start an centerback if injuries allow this or if we're facing poor opposition and it's safe to rest more suitable players.
=======
Kolarov will play a good supporting role for us this season - often starting.

Next season with a big transfer window ahead of us - it's 50-50 that Kolarov will be moved on; he'll be a year older and even less pacy than he currently is.
======
I do not - frankly understand all the "wank," "he sucks," opionion of a lot of Bluemoon members.

Yeah - Kolarov sucks defensively one-on-one - and he shouldn't be played in games where defense is at a premium if possible - but going forward, his cultured left foot, if left uncovered, destroys the opposition.
====
Bottom line - I like Kolarov - I value his contribution to our side - but I cannot see him here next year (likely) and there's no chance that he's here two year's hence.

Pretty sure Mancini worked this out straight away, Kolarov hardly played against the tough teams under Mancini, from what I can remember most of the time away from home he played Clichy.

Even think to say he's great going forward is stretching it. A great left foot when given time and space undoubtedly but against teams that aren't just sitting back against us he's too slow to get up and down the pitch anyway.

It's a hard one mate. I find it hard to defend him for committing the same basic errors two games in a row.

It is hard,and even harder to single him out,if you are a liker of him,as I said,others were not upto it on Sunday neither,but there is nowhere to hide at this moment in time for him

It is hard,and even harder to single him out,if you are a liker of him,as I said,others were not upto it on Sunday neither,but there is nowhere to hide at this moment in time for him

I do think that Neville in particular twisted the screw on Sunday. He singled him out for the penalty, which for me was bang out of order.

I think the biggest decision with this lad these days is whether to play him as a LB or a CB.

On the evidence of this season alone I think he is a better CB and could be a great compliment to Stones on an interim basis until we get another ball playing CB in also or Vinny finally gets fit.

Once the new full backs come in, I expect to see him used less and less as a LB.

Other teams, who have had managers used to playing us over the last few years were well aware that he was the weak link in our defensive line up - nothing has changed, he hasn't overnight become an awesome player, we just saw that utilised at times as a centre half could work when he had time on his hands and wasn't up against a decent forward.

Move him back to left back and even I would know that the minute I saw the teamsheet I'd be telling my team to target him, he's a carthorse that can't defend to save his life.

In summary....

He's fucking wank

Other teams, who have had managers used to playing us over the last few years were well aware that he was the weak link in our defensive line up - nothing has changed, he hasn't overnight become an awesome player, we just saw that utilised at times as a centre half could work when he had time on his hands and wasn't up against a decent forward.

Move him back to left back and even I would know that the minute I saw the teamsheet I'd be telling my team to target him, he's a carthorse that can't defend to save his life.

In summary....

He's fucking wank
Who do you think was, by far, our worst defender against Spurs? Who, almost assuredly, single-handedly cost us the game?

In fact rate the defensive performance of the following players against Spurs on a scale of 1 (worst game ever) to 10 (MoTM).

Zabba
Kolarov
Fernando
Otters

Each of the above players had bad games - but one of them performed so badly that he likely cost us the match.

Hint - watch Pep's post match interview - see below.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.