Aleksandar Kolarov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at that cross again that he fired in against Leicester..a very dangerous cross..somebody should have been on the end of it...but they were too far in front of it.

Yes our attackers were running into an area where Leicester's defence gobbled up the ball all day.

What I particularly like about him, is the way he takes that extra touch, allowing all the oppo defenders to cover all the angles, then telegraphs where he is about to hoof the ball, then either clogs it into the defender's leg or punts it at that fat bloke on row z.

I also admire the way he manages to suddenly sneak in a couple of 'ok' performances, thus lulling us all into a false sense of security, before treating us to his full repertoire of hilarious Danny Baker video style, footbaling tomfoolery.

'i hold my hands up' we say. 'Kolarov has really surprised me'. Then, without warning, out comes the swanee whistle & kazoo & he's off again.

Kolarov has been delaying his crosses since the team tactics have been to have a maximum of one attacker in the opposition box.

The midfield who aren't great at tracking back don't seen to make it into goal scoring areas.

It's a waste of time picking Kolarov if the invisible Coty man is in the box because when he goes for the Hollywood efforts they very rarely come off.

We need one of those full backs that can single handedly run a defence, win every aerial battle, run faster than walcott, has the engine of vidal and can find the one 5'8 attacker in the box around the 7 defenders...

We need one of those full backs that can single handedly run a defence, win every aerial battle, run faster than walcott, has the engine of vidal and can find the one 5'8 attacker in the box around the 7 defenders...

Sounds about right!

No we just need a defender who can do his job - think Zabba of two years ago but left footed. Passion, commitment and more importantly a desire to actually get back and help when a move breaks down.

No we just need a defender who can do his job - think Zabba of two years ago but left footed. Passion, commitment and more importantly a desire to actually get back and help when a move breaks down.
If Zaba wasn't beyond criticism because he's really likeable he'd probably have a thread like this in fairness. Zaba has always benefitted from the clever link up we play on the right while kolarov is much more set up to overlap and cross without the assistance of Silva or previously nasri to work openings in the box.

The whole defence got skinned on Saturday. also, Delph (who has played well up until the weekend) was partly responsible for two goals conceded.

Where Kolarov was at fault defensively, Mahrez was just too good for him like he was the rest of our team. Kolarov was in the right position.

I would have picked Clichy and maybe we would have lost 2 - 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.