Aleksandar Kolarov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to see him go if/when he leaves. Is he the most talented player we've ever had? No. But, he's been at our club 7 years and made upwards of 150 appearances for us. He's taken a lot of shit (and given some back) from/to sections of our support. He's contributed to our success, been involved in important games and isn't trying to fuck the club over. He knows he's not going to be first choice next year and it's admirable, in my opinion, that he wants to push on and play. He's a versatile player and did a job for us in a few different positions. I'd pick him over Clichy any day of the week and for 16 million, 7 years service and getting a 5/6 million fee for him aint bad business in my book. I think we'll miss him personally.

Cheers Aleks, all the best.
A very sensible summary even though it still boggles me how he made it as a professional footballer.

Farewell Aleks been a big part of the club and usually made the scapegoat. Proper got rid of the old fullbacks with only one back in so far

I would say to Alex ... thanks very much for the service. It was a pleasure to watch your time at the club. You were streets ahead of most other left backs in the league, let alone the club. You did a job in left midfield when required and even indulged Pep with his centre half experiment. You represent one of the best pieces of business the club has ever done and every city fan should thank you for your committed service. In my 40 years watching City you are comfortably the best Left back since Willie Donachie (and probably better).... thank you

To those that detract from Alex service. You obviously don't remember going through watching the likes of Tony Vaughan or Danny Granville in that position.

Well done Alex, thanks for the memories.

The abuse he has had over the years has shocked me honestly he has been here 7 years and put his 100% every game and whilst i wont shed a tear i will say he has done us proud in them years that he has played for us goodluck AK.

The abuse he has had over the years has shocked me honestly he has been here 7 years and put his 100% every game and whilst i wont shed a tear i will say he has done us proud in them years that he has played for us goodluck AK.

Really? 100% EVERY game? Guessing you didn't watch the Southampton game then.

Doesn't deserve any abuse whatsoever. Yes, he should have been moved on a couple of years ago, but he was a great servant to the club and performed admirably for many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.