Aleksandar Kolarov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say to Alex ... thanks very much for the service. It was a pleasure to watch your time at the club. You were streets ahead of most other left backs in the league, let alone the club. You did a job in left midfield when required and even indulged Pep with his centre half experiment. You represent one of the best pieces of business the club has ever done and every city fan should thank you for your committed service. In my 40 years watching City you are comfortably the best Left back since Willie Donachie (and probably better).... thank you

To those that detract from Alex service. You obviously don't remember going through watching the likes of Tony Vaughan or Danny Granville in that position.

Well done Alex, thanks for the memories.
Brilliant post. :)

good luck Alex. you didn't reach the heights I though you would but at the time you gave us a big lift as to where we are now.
thanks and good luck.

I would say to Alex ... thanks very much for the service. It was a pleasure to watch your time at the club. You were streets ahead of most other left backs in the league, let alone the club. You did a job in left midfield when required and even indulged Pep with his centre half experiment. You represent one of the best pieces of business the club has ever done and every city fan should thank you for your committed service. In my 40 years watching City you are comfortably the best Left back since Willie Donachie (and probably better).... thank you

To those that detract from Alex service. You obviously don't remember going through watching the likes of Tony Vaughan or Danny Granville in that position.

Well done Alex, thanks for the memories.

I agree. Probably the hardest position on the pitch with most running, most diversity of play and the one with the least number of options for great players. Hopefully we've just got the best there is but good luck to him.

I thought Pep sounded almost angry when talking about Kolarov (from the headline). But when you read/watch the whole thing. It's clear that he thanks Kolarov and understands his position. And is fine with it. We get a decent fee for a 31 year-old (who would leave on a free in a years time anyway). At the same time making space for another CB.

Is it just me? Or is that "I don't like working with people who don't want to stay", a dig at the Wenger/Sanchez situation. That's how i read it.

Did a job as a CB against poorer sides no doubt but lets be honest here, for the majority of his time he was gash and he should have gone at least 2 seasons ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.