Alessandro Gamberini

Blue Coop

He is 28, a 6'2 Defender and currently plays his trade a Fiorentina.

Fiorentina defender Alessandro Gamberini is flattered to be linked with a move to Manchester City.

Reports emanating from Italy have suggested City chief Roberto Mancini is weighing up a move for the Italian international.

City officials are believed to have watched Gamberini in action against Roma last weekend as Mancini draws up his list of transfer targets for next season.

Gamberini has established himself as one of the best defenders in Serie A and is now a regular in the Italian national team.

The player's agent Francesco Romano says the stopper is flattered by the interest from City, but admits any move would be difficult as the 28-year-old is a key member of the Fiorentina side.

"I have seen the reports naming Alessandro with Manchester City, but I don't know anything about it," Romano told skysports.com.

"Alessandro is happy to be linked with Manchester City, but he is happy at Fiorentina and has a contract there.

"A move would be difficult as Alessandro is a very important player for Fiorentina and he is a candidate for Italy for the World Cup.

watch a bit of serie a and he's a good defender, but at 28 i think we could get younger and better like chiellini who i think may move after the world cup, so i wouldnt go for this guy. though if mancini sees something in him go for it.

parkin said:
watch a bit of serie a and he's a good defender, but at 28 i think we could get younger and better like chiellini who i think may move after the world cup, so i wouldnt go for this guy. though if mancini sees something in him go for it.

Chiellini is a little more volatile and unpredictable than Gamberini. I would put money on Chiellini finishing his career at Juventus, it would take a terribly overpriced offer to make Juventus accept and there isn't a club in the world more attractive to most Italians than Juventus. Gamberini may well be more likely to leave in the summer than his agent is suggesting. Cesare Prandelli is tipped to takeover as either permanent Juventus coach after Zaccheroni's interim tenure comes to a close or to takeover from Marcello Lippi coaching Italy after the world cup. If Prandelli leaves Fiorentina I would be unsurprised to see a number of their coveted players depart, as with Prandelli they have been somewhat punching above their weight.

Real-City said:
We have 5 capable centre backs, I don't see us needing to strengthening that position, however outside back is an area of concern.

He could play in midfield or upfront ;)

Real-City said:
We have 5 capable centre backs, I don't see us needing to strengthening that position, however outside back is an area of concern.

I'd argue Gamberini is a better centre back than any we have at the club currently. He is very strong, dominant in the air and technically proficient. More than anything he has the positional sense that seems to be a problem with some of our defenders. Signing another centre back would also free Lescott to play at left back in games where we want a more defensive minded full back.

Toure, Lescott, Kompany, Onuoha, Boyata and Richards. Toure is not good enough to start for us, nor was he good enough to start for Arsenal in recent years. Kompany is excellent but prone to mistakes, Lescott is good but needs to carry on the progress he was making toward the form he showed at Everton. Onuoha, injured as often, if not more so than Santa Cruz. Naturally talented centre back but his development has been hampered by his injuries and he's not at the level he really should be now. Boyata is promising, however, he's showed a number of times that he's not ready for an extended run in the team and Richards should never play centre back as his positional sense is abominable.

Already posted, matey.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=163177" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=163177</a>

felt sorry for the guy yesterday. He got injured right before fiorentina's big game against Bayern munich. It can't get worse for Fiorentina. Mutu is suspeneded, their main defender Gamberini is injured and de serlvestri their other 1st team fullback is injured too. Way too many injuries just right before their most important game "this season" probably in the champions league.

interisti said:
felt sorry for the guy yesterday. He got injured right before fiorentina's big game against Bayern munich. It can't get worse for Fiorentina. Mutu is suspeneded, their main defender Gamberini is injured and de serlvestri their other 1st team fullback is injured too. Way too many injuries just right before their most important game "this season" probably in the champions league.
And they just got beat by Sampdoria to slip outside the Champions League places.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.