Alex Grimaldo

So we need a 2 meter tall fullback just in case one long, floated ball to Fellaini comes in in one game of the season? If Fellaini isolates any fullback in world football at the back post on a high cross then he's going to win it, you can't make decisions based on that. The reality is that very, very rarely does a fullback actually get into a position where their height is particularly important. Even on a back post cross the most important thing is positioning, not height. It would have to be a pretty loopy cross to become a genuine jump ball. (as Danny Rose seems to have found, given that he's a midget and I've never heard anyone suggest that makes him a liability on crosses)

No, but we do need height somewhere and we are somewhat small team.

Mandy offers that physcial aspect as well and given we lack it elsewhere, I do think it makes him the one we need.

For the record a lot of strikers will pull onto the back post to exploit a small full back. The Fellaini thing was just an example, but direct, long balls is a tactic we will come up against throughout the whole season.

Who's the superior player out of Grimaldo and Mendy?

I have only watched Mendy on YouTube and in his appearances against us, and I don't believe I have ever seen Grimaldo play.

Who's the superior player out of Grimaldo and Mendy?

I have only watched Mendy on YouTube and in his appearances against us, and I don't believe I have ever seen Grimaldo play.

Mendy! He's bigger, stronger, more powerful, lots of pace and one of the best FB's at crossing the ball. Perfect for the prem....Grimaldo is a good plan B if we not willing to meet Monaco's price tag!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.