Alex Grimaldo

Who's the superior player out of Grimaldo and Mendy?

I have only watched Mendy on YouTube and in his appearances against us, and I don't believe I have ever seen Grimaldo play.
Differnet players, although both attacking leftbacks. Mendy is all power and pace, straight lines but with a fantastic cross on him. Grimaldo is more like someone like Alba, a proper technical footballer, also rapid but not as physical and a lovely clean striker of the ball. More neat interplay, less rampaging like a 2011 era Micah. Both quality but in different ways.

Who's the superior player out of Grimaldo and Mendy?

I have only watched Mendy on YouTube and in his appearances against us, and I don't believe I have ever seen Grimaldo play.
Grimaldo. But its a matter of opinion and what people favor.

Differnet players, although both attacking leftbacks. Mendy is all power and pace, straight lines but with a fantastic cross on him. Grimaldo is more like someone like Alba, a proper technical footballer, also rapid but not as physical and a lovely clean striker of the ball. More neat interplay, less rampaging like a 2011 era Micah. Both quality but in different ways.
This is a great description of both. But I'd like to add tenacity to Grimaldo. The kid bares down on attacking players with a certain level intensity I haven't seen in a fullback in a while.

Mendy: Bigger, Stronger, better in the air and a superior cross.

Grimaldo: Better technique, better vision, better team play, better defender, better passer, quicker and more fluid in his play.

Both are injury prone so that's wash. I know it seems like Mendy is in the book, so the general trend is to big up the guy we are getting. But given a choice btw the 2 I'll take Grimaldo every time. And I'm a bit shocked (if its the case that Mendy is 1st choice) that Pep prefers Mendy.

This is a great description of both. But I'd like to add tenacity to Grimaldo. The kid bares down on attacking players with a certain level intensity I haven't seen in a fullback in a while.

Grimaldo: Better technique, better vision, better team play, better defender, better passer, quicker and more fluid in his play.

Both are injury prone so that's wash. I know it seems like Mendy is in the book, so the general trend is to big up the guy we are getting. But given a choice btw the 2 I'll take Grimaldo every time. And I'm a bit shocked (if its the case that Mendy is 1st choice) that Pep prefers Mendy.
Could it be that Pep is thinking Mendy is better suited to PL? Kyle Walker is also similar to Mendy. For me Alex Sandro is the best of both worlds in terms of being technical while also being a beast.

Could it be that Pep is thinking Mendy is better suited to PL? Kyle Walker is also similar to Mendy. For me Alex Sandro is the best of both worlds in terms of being technical while also being a beast.
Perhaps. I'd take Sandro too. Especially because he is not injury prone like Grimaldo and Mendy.

Every player is injury prone, that phrase is one of the most overused amongst fans. After an acl tear 5 years ago Grimaldo hasn't had too many injuries till this past season put him out for a while. Now Mendy who's a bigger and stronger has had a few muscle injuries but nothing that's kept him out for a long time.

Every player is injury prone, that phrase is one of the most overused amongst fans. After an acl tear 5 years ago Grimaldo hasn't had too many injuries till this past season put him out for a while. Now Mendy who's a bigger and stronger has had a few muscle injuries but nothing that's kept him out for a long time.
Perhaps. But when I see a guy out I worry. :)

And these are all based on football manager or FIFA and not actual observation of their performances?

Last edited:
Apparently come out today spouting his mouth off about Barca not giving youth a chance. Sounds like a right bitter bastard. Does Pep want that kind of player?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.