Alex Sandro

Apparently we'd arranged with his camp that he'd come to us for free in 2016 when his Porto contract expired, so when Juve came along with €25m in 2015 porto took it.

If he fancied coming to us so much then why wouldn't he just turn down the contract offer from Juve and come in the summer to us? He would have been given a monster signing bonus too. I smell bullshit about this rumour mate.

Just stay though? What's 12 months for the sake of probably a 8-10mil signing on fee? He didn't have to go anywhere

I think you're underestimating our attracitveness in world football. If 2 people offer you the same job but one says you have wait around in your current job for a year, and the other offers it to you today, you'd be an idiot not to take the offer today.

Especially in a job like football where one injury at the wrong time could leave you high and dry with no better offers.

Sandro is also unbelievable defensively. He completely nullified Messi when Juventus played Barcelona. I'd be delighted if we could get this guym
Thats a good start, and change from the " can't defend but runs very fast" template all so common for defenders these days.

How is his attacking / crossing though?

And wonder if this means another try at 3 at the back next year?

We should have signed him.
The players we missed - also the likes of Alexis sanchez or hazard. Coykd have swept everything domestically at least last few years.
Ah well, spilt milk.
And hopefully we finally get to see a City left back who doesn't make us feel suicidal
We didn't miss out on Hazard, he chose Chelsea. There are rumors Alexis preferred London too, but I sense we didn't try on that one. On Hazard we did, and that's all you can expect.

Hope we don't buy Alex Sandro for 70 million. It shows nothing but a lack of scouting talent and imagonation. No fullback is worth 70 million. Why? There is a 10 million fullback who is less than half a step worse. Its just bad business to be touched like this.

And no, its not about the money. Its the principle.

The following are a list of up and coming LBs Theo, Bernat, Grimaldo, Macral, Douglas Santos, Samir, Mendy, Halstenberg, Sessegnon, Dalbert, Wendell, Yuri, Jonas, Alex Telles, Nuno Sequera, Hals, Renan, Sinkgraven. Someone should do their job and find City's version of the next Sandro.

Not pay 3pile the money he is worth. He is not the Messi of Left backs. We have to stop treating these players like they are.

Apparently we'd arranged with his camp that he'd come to us for free in 2016 when his Porto contract expired, so when Juve came along with €25m in 2015 porto took it.

Why didn't Sandro reject Juventus then? Surely Porto couldn't force him out could they?

We didn't miss out on Hazard, he chose Chelsea. There are rumors Alexis preferred London too, but I sense we didn't try on that one. On Hazard we did, and that's all you can expect.

Hope we don't buy Alex Sandro for 70 million. It shows nothing but a lack of scouting talent and imagonation. No fullback is worth 70 million. Why? There is a 10 million fullback who is less than half a step worse. Its just bad business to be touched like this.

The following are a list of up and coming LBs Theo, Bernat, Grimaldo, Macral, Douglas Santos, Samir, Mendy, Halstenberg, Sessegnon, Dalbert, Wendell, Yuri, Jonas, Alex Telles, Nuno Sequera, Hals, Renan, Sinkgraven. Someone should do their job and find City's version of the next Sandro.

Not pay 3pile the money he is worth. He is not the Messi of Left backs. We have to stop treating these players like they are.

True, players like Mendy only moved last season for £11mil and now he's worth triple that in less than 1 season? There's plenty of talent out there, I don't like spending £50mil on each position on players like fucking Walker

Can't echo this thought enough. This is definitely not about the money, but it reflects our incompetency in proper scouting. Plus it sets a standard for our future dealings which is obviously not good.

We're just going to get Pep whoever the fuck he wants. If he wants a kid for a bargain, we'll get that, if he wants someone who costs 70m we'll get that. What has happened in the past really has no relevance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.