Alex Sandro

Think the price Juve were asking for Sandro was prohibitive.

If that is the case that we got be realistic (especially with the Bernardo Silva surprise signing).

Last edited:
Mendy would be a big upgrade but would rather we look elsewhere, his passing is very hit or miss whenever I've been watching him.

Maybe he had off games but seems like too big of a flaw in his game for a possession based side if he is always that careless with his passing.

Maybe. Monaco fans must be fuming but I guess that's the business model.

That's the good things for us in this instance. They have done so well with their latest crop of players and they'll make a fortune from them. Monaco have a lower tax rate than the UK/France so I assume their players are on significantly lower wages than those at PSG but probably take home the same amount. It means Monaco can keep executing this business model and reap the rewards. They should still remain competitive, more than they have done in recent seasons at least. £100m to them for these three players, if that's what we're talking, is 5/6 high quality players that can take them to the French league and knockouts in the CL potentially.

It's not a bad place to go and live and play football!

Anything on Fabinho? Seems bizarre Monaco would sell us three of their best players! Hardly says "your future is here son" to Mbappe.

The word is that our relationship with AS is very good, and that we could be looking to move some of our youth players to go there. AS play the style that Pep loves, so if we were to send some graduates on loan or with buyback clauses it would be a win win for us

Just a thought

Mendy would be a big upgrade but would rather we look elsewhere, his passing is very hit or miss whenever I've been watching him.

Maybe he had off games but seems like too big of a flaw in his game for a possession based side if he is always that careless with his passing.

His pass completion stats aren't great but neither are B. Silva's and Moncao overall are a few % down on City but doesn't mean they cannot do better on that front at City. Mendy is has time on his side to improve. Would prefer Sandro but even City have to manage their budget.

That's the good things for us in this instance. They have done so well with their latest crop of players and they'll make a fortune from them. Monaco have a lower tax rate than the UK/France so I assume their players are on significantly lower wages than those at PSG but probably take home the same amount. It means Monaco can keep executing this business model and reap the rewards. They should still remain competitive, more than they have done in recent seasons at least. £100m to them for these three players, if that's what we're talking, is 5/6 high quality players that can take them to the French league and knockouts in the CL potentially.

It's not a bad place to go and live and play football!

The French government changed the tax laws, if I'm not mistaken, a few years back at the detriment of football players, they pay the same tax as other players!

I seem to remember that Monaco is and has been exempt from these French tax laws, which has caused much debate and argument against it, being unfair that they are allowed to operate in Ligue1 at an advantage

His pass completion stats aren't great but neither are B. Silva's and Moncao overall are a few % down on City but doesn't mean they cannot do better on that front at City. Mendy is has time on his side to improve. Would prefer Sandro but even City have to manage their budget.

You don't mind them dropping off % wise if it's playing attacking and therefore tougher passes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.