Alex Sandro

I would absolutely love us to sign this guy. Personally I rate him as being in the class of the very best LBs in Europe and that's not because he's now in the semis finals of the ECL or because he's now on the spotlight. That's much I rate him. I'd be a little underwhelmed if we got Mendy to be frank. That said I think Dax makes a valid point with respect to our dealings and to borrow and paraphrase his line of reasoning, "it's not really about the money but about the precedence we set in doing such deals as these. I'd personally not want us to spend 70 million on a LB but if we have Sandro in our ranks come August I dare say there are only a few people that would be more happy than me. Talk of a dilemma? This is surely one.

He's the best LB in the world imo.
Filipe Luis is great in the defense, Marcelo is more a winger; Alaba is not the same after his injuries at all.

People saying he's not one of their most important players should go to his thread in that JUVENTUZ fans site and read what they think...they use to post comparative stats there too.

I think you're underestimating our attracitveness in world football. If 2 people offer you the same job but one says you have wait around in your current job for a year, and the other offers it to you today, you'd be an idiot not to take the offer today.

Especially in a job like football where one injury at the wrong time could leave you high and dry with no better offers.

What even if the club you was waiting 12 months for was going to give you some serious signing on fee as they didn't have to pay any transfer fee? Just can't see it mate.

What even if the club you was waiting 12 months for was going to give you some serious signing on fee as they didn't have to pay any transfer fee? Just can't see it mate.

How big a signing on fee? He's probably making 3 or 4 million a year more at Juve than at Porto, so unless the signing on bonus was that big he'd be losing money for not moving a year earlier.

At the end of the day Juventus are a massive club with guaranteed silverware and competing for the CL, it's a great destination for anyone and in a career where you're only as good as your form in the last 6 months, not taking that move would be a mistake for anyone.

Which one? £40, £50 and £60m have all been quoted.
Any of them. We should have signed him from Porto, but he's not worth £40m+ we could probably pick up someone 95% as good for £12-15m and we've plenty of other positions to fill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.