Alex Sandro

Any of them. We should have signed him from Porto, but he's not worth £40m+ we could probably pick up someone 95% as good for £12-15m and we've plenty of other positions to fill.

Go on then, name someone 95% as good for £15m then...

Bertrand. Or Bernat for a few million more, a better player.

Haha, come on, Bertrand is half the player and will cost at least £25m, that's certainly the value the papers are putting on him and Southampton aren't going to be shortchanged.

I mean seriously, on what planet would Bertrand be sold for £12-15m???

Last edited:
Sandro is the ideal buy for me, but only if we don't get screwed over on the cost. Anything over 50m is too much, we can't be taken advantage of.

This is because I think we can get Mendy or Grimaldo (my two other top LB targets) for no more than 40m and get somebody that is atleast 90% the player Sandro is.

If we can get Sandro for like 50m, then I think we should also get Ryan Sessegnon, Sandro being 26, probably has 5-6 years of top level, this gives Sessegnon tons of time to come in.

I don't want us to make the same mistake as we did the first time money came in, we got players like Pablo Zabaleta at a prime age (like Sandro) then decided to ignore the position for ages. Best to find cover immediately in a young guy like Sessegnon and not worry about LB for like 10 years.

Juve won't sell him to us for anything less than a double King's ransom. It's a non starter IMO. Save the money and go all in for Bonucci please Pep.

Sandro is the ideal buy for me, but only if we don't get screwed over on the cost. Anything over 50m is too much, we can't be taken advantage of.

This is because I think we can get Mendy or Grimaldo (my two other top LB targets) for no more than 40m and get somebody that is atleast 90% the player Sandro is.

If we can get Sandro for like 50m, then I think we should also get Ryan Sessegnon, Sandro being 26, probably has 5-6 years of top level, this gives Sessegnon tons of time to come in.

I don't want us to make the same mistake as we did the first time money came in, we got players like Pablo Zabaleta at a prime age (like Sandro) then decided to ignore the position for ages. Best to find cover immediately in a young guy like Sessegnon and not worry about LB for like 10 years.

£40mil for both? No way, £35mil each would be more accurate. I agree though, if we're buying an established star, I'd go with Sandro and an understudy like Sessegnon/Cucurella

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.