Alex Sandro

For the rumoured €60m-€70m it's a ridiculous price for a fullback, albeit an outstanding one.

Fair play to Chelsea though.

For the rumoured €60m-€70m it's a ridiculous price for a fullback, albeit an outstanding one.

Fair play to Chelsea though.

Like every high transfer fee, it will only be ridiculous if they don't win anything with him. If we spend £400 million and win the league, it's worth it in my opinion.

Think we might have pushed hard(er) for him if we had a competent LB at the club and only needed an upgrade in A.Sandro...70 M € + for him didn't help matters also.2nd best LB in Europe and a massive upgrade on Alonso too..We've gone down the Mendy route and hope he pays off and he goes on to be even better than him.

Think we might have pushed hard(er) for him if we had a competent LB at the club and only needed an upgrade in A.Sandro...70 M € + for him didn't help matters also.2nd best LB in Europe and a massive upgrade on Alonso too..We've gone down the Mendy route and hope he pays off and he goes on to be even better than him.

I think had Sandro come within our budgets we would have gone for him.

By the looks of it we have set budgets for each position this summer and will not sway away from them.

Not seen much him. How does he compare to Mendy?
They both have their flaws. Mendy is younger and more physical. Sandro is more skillful and will attempt more trickery with the ball. Neither is particularly great at team interplay in tight areas, albeit Mendy has time to get better.

They are both athletic and when they take the r right angles, can be explosive. Mendy puts in more consistent crosses, albeit he has a penchant for overclocking every now and then: Sane style!

If I'm being honest, both would do better in Chelsea's wingback system where they often have open fields ahead of them, than playing as a traditional fullback or an inverted fullback who comes central.

But he is not trancedent footballer. He is no Marcelo, Alves or at their best by any stretch of the imagination.

They both have their flaws. Mendy is younger and more physical. Sandro is more skillful and will attempt more trickery with the ball. Neither is particularly great at team interplay in tight areas, albeit Mendy has time to get better.

They are both athletic and when they take the r right angles, can be explosive. Mendy puts in more consistent crosses, albeit he has a penchant for overclocking every now and then: Sane style!

If I'm being honest, both would do better in Chelsea's wingback system where they often have open fields ahead of them, than playing as a traditional fullback or an inverted fullback who comes central.

But he is not trancedent footballer. He is no Marcelo, Alves or at their best by any stretch of the imagination.
You did not include the defensive aspects of their game and this is where I believe Sandro trumps Mendy big time. Sandro is very very solid defensively and also does very well going forward.

You did not include the defensive aspects of their game and this is where I believe Sandro shades Mendy big time. Sandro is very very solid defensively and also does very well going forward.

Completely agree. I think Mendy is all over the place defensively, he's a car crash, it's something Pep needs to work very hard on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.