Alex Song

If we can take him for around 5-8m i would definitely have him, especially if he counts as HG as well. I would be majorly disappointed if we did get Song and no one else in midfield, but would be ecstatic if we got Pogba and Song to complete our midfield. Would offer great strength in depth and would mean that Mr Octopus with no legs Fernando will be pushed to the back of the queue.

He's only 27 ?

Must admit, watching him at times last season, I thought he was in his 30's and his legs were on the way out, no doubting he's a quality player, but he will really need to up his fitness levels and his speed work for me, if he comes, hoping (and no disrespect to West Ham) that he was a bit pissed at going there from Barca and his fitness levels dropped off a bit.

Great signing at a decent price.

If we play three in midfield, the options of Pogba, Yaya, Fernandinho, Song and Fernando would be just about perfect.

Homegrown aswell.

replacing garcia with fernando shows how much money city has they can afford to replace sh!t with sh!t oh well they are probably going to get it right soon enough

Replaced De Jong with Garcia, then Garcia with Fernando - spent a lot of money to go backwards.

Inside La Liga‏@InsideLaLiga2h2 hours ago
Alex Song set for West Ham return - http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/158262/alex-song-set-west-ham-return/…

Alex Song set for West Ham return
Barcelonamidfielder Alex Song has given the clearest hint so far of where he will be playing next year, after posting a picture on Instagram of himself at West Ham United’s Chadwell Heath training ground.

Song spent the whole 2014-15 campaign on loan at West Ham, and was widely tipped to remain in England, however which team would acquire his services had remained unclear.

Song made a strong start to his time with the Hammers, playing a key role in their excellent early season form, but the former Arsenal man’s performances dropped in 2015 and was used sparingly by then manager Sam Allardyce.

However his earlier form for West Ham had appeared to be enough for them to sign the Cameroonian international on a permanent transfer, but Chelsea and Liverpool were also rumoured to be interested.

Yet despite this specualtion, Song’s revealing Instagram post, in which he was recieving treatment for an injury, appears to indicate a return to Upton Park.

Barcelonaare keen to sell, and are willing to make a loss on a player they signed from Arsenal for £15m in 2012, with a fee reported to be around £5m. However some reports claim that the Catalan club could allow Song to leave for free, provided West Ham can match Song’s wage demands.

The Daily Mail are even reporting that the deal between West Ham andBarcelonacould be finalised by Friday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.