Alexis Sanchez and Aguero

Aguero is an out and out striker.
Sanchez is really a winger and a striker secondarily.
Not comparable imho.

Sergio all day long he is our greatest ever scorer and our fans need to realise this, these threads annoy the arse out of me when you have followed city since the 60,s there is no one better.

You can argue whether it was a good season or slightly below form(but only this) even though he did score more than any other season with us. You can point out that some games he scored 3-4(like that matters) or how many shots he had(are you forgetting how teams were setting up against us? I'd like an honest tally of these so called sitters, there were only a few games he performed like that I can remember) but then you will also have to include suspensions, games he was rested due to niggles/fitness(like when he's been on international duty). Also using Jesus stealing game time off him(or "replacing him") is actually a reason the goal tally is all the more impressive, lets not forget Jesus is every bit a once a generation player or a crack player as the Brazilians say... not enough blues realise how lucky we were to get Gabby to sign for us especially for that price. Maybe to do that we made some assurances to him to do with game time? It makes sense as he and his team know the Brazilian national team are counting on him reaching the very top and have been for some time, he could have gone anywhere he wanted.

With regards to Aguero though what I wont have is that last season is in anyway an indication that it's time to cash in on him, it's not(besides the fact that everyone knows he plans to finish his career in his homeland and wont be sticking around in Europe for long which knocks whatever fee you want to make up down a tad)... He finished the season strong, I predict next season will be a big one for him, he was getting more and more used to Pep's way of doing things as the season went on and he should be back to his confident best next season. I think all our forwards/attackers felt the pressure through the dry spells and their confidence in front of goal took a hit at times, he and Sterling seem to have taken the brunt of the criticism for it. Also a sitter is not a situation where most strikers wouldn't have been able to get a shot off in the first place.

I do not think the issue is Sánchez vs Aguero. Sánchez can play all over the front. I think the point is how we can combine Alexis with Sané and Sterling.

maybe:

(Sanchez)______Aguero/G.Jesus______Sané
Silva_______Gundogan/Fernandinho ______De Bruyne
(Mendy)_______Stones_______Kompany_______Walker
........................ Ederson

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.