Alexis Sanchez and Aguero

Its exactly what you typed.

Right, go ahead and quote the words you claim I said in your previous comment.

Sergio scoring over 30 goals was a bad season, as he should of got 60. Thats your words.

Go on, try and find them in my previous comments. You won't.

If you actually take the time to read my comments you'll see I said.

Aguero had a bad season overall, scoring 30 goals doesn't change that.

Reasons being :

Got dropped for the first time in a City shirt.
Got banned for 7 games for violent conduct.
Scored 8 goals in 6 months between September and March.

You'll also see me say:

He showed how good he can be when he scored 15 in 17 at the end of the season.
If he plays like that next season he'll score 60 goals.

I'll just never understand this viewpoint.

If you can't see that only 9 goals from September to March - 9 goal in 6 months (!) - and think, that was poor from a player like Sergio, what will it take?

On top of that, if you can't see how poor he was at times last season, you obviously can't see the contrast between those lows, and the highs of where he ended up, 15 goals in 17 games, and how if he can continue performing in an all round way like that then he should be scoring 50-odd goals next season and trying to get on the podium for the ballon d'or, not just putting up a solid 20-30 goal season but actually raising his game to the next level.

IMO people who think 30 goals for Aguero is a great season seriously underestimate his potential, and where he should be in the standings of the world best players.

lol. I now know you are teasing.

*doffs cap*

I don't think theres many blues who would say he had a bad season.

Bad season by his standards, yes. It's all relative. I don't think that anyone is saying that he is a bad player. He is obviously still a top striker, but his performances (taken over the whole of last season) were significantly below what we normally see from him. An average season would have seen him score many more goals, considering the number of concrete chances that he had.

I'm deadly serious. If you think any season where he scores 9 goals in 6 months is a great season for Aguero, you're completely barking mad.
he was banned for 2 months. targeted and banned. then our fucking loon of a manager benched him. but carry on your deluded hatred.

I'm deadly serious. If you think any season where he scores 9 goals in 6 months is a great season for Aguero, you're completely barking mad.
Yeah but sergio is still the best striker the premier league as ever seen,is stats back that up

he was banned for 2 months. targeted and banned. then our fucking loon of a manager benched him. but carry on your deluded hatred.

He was banned for 24 days in that 6 months because he got frustrated and lashed out.

our fucking loon of a manager benched him.

Of course, what it always comes back to.

He had off games. Like every other in the team, but to say he had a bad season ( whether by his standards or not ) is a bit
far fetched.

A lot of the chances he had were total shit though. They were the kind of chances where it was amazing he actually got a shot off, the kind of chances other strikers can't even create. Go back and rewatch the games, he was flying solo in the box for that poor stretch. Not much he could do, and yes he missed some sitters but last seasons failures were not because of him.

Nonsense

Yeah but sergio is still the best striker the premier league as ever seen,is stats back that up

I agree with that, and I think if he carries on playing like he did at the end of the season, he'll break the goalscoring record and make it into the top 10 premier league scorers of all time in about 200 games fewer than the others around him - I have in fact placed a bet on him doing so.

If Messi scores 10 goals next season, he's still the best player on the planet, he just had a bad season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.