Alexis Sanchez and Aguero

If Aguero played like he had done in the last few months, with the chances the team were creating, he'd have scored 60 last season and we might have won the league. That's why he had a bad season and still scored 30.

When Horse head was benched at the swamp, he was the most lethal striker in Europe... aguero was undoubtedly under par, however for legitimate reasons, the new system and upping his fitness levels... I don't get what the problem is tbh, if his last 10'games were anything to go by then he will surpass anything that has come before him but let's not rewrite history, this fresh impetus he experienced was down to the 'clown manager', aguero was rapidly falling into a comfort zone, the introduction of an heir apparent has given him the kick up the arse he needed....
if you are talking about Jesus he's simply not yet in Aguero's class. nowhere near. we know he will be one day as of yet Aguero is quite simply the best out there. so you don't only keep him you fucking play him. don't think anyone reckons the manager is a clown but he's not a full shilling. his rotation last season was fucking hilarious, daft **** still though he was at Bayern I think. after the despair I started going to the games ready to piss my sides at his starting 11. Boro away, no Barca away, no Monaco away was my favourite.

basket case.

I think that Sergio is immune from criticism in some people's eyes, because of what he has done for the club since he arrived. I have found it pointless to engage in an argument with such people. They will never accept the reality. It's much more comforting for them to live in a world where Sergio is and forever more remains the best striker in the world.

He's had his moments of madness, and period where he hasn't quite been at his best, but Sergio is still a player who would grace the first team of any top club in the world. He has been one of the most important players in the history of our club, and in my opinion still has more to give. I don't think there is anyone currently in our team that can take 3 or 4 defenders out out of the equation with a drop of the shoulder and a burst of pace, then neatly smash the ball through a sea of boddies into the bottom corner.

You can argue our win rate was greater with Sergio out of the Team, but then look at the number of important goals he scored that other players wouldn't have even had the chance to score. As a team, we were often indecisive in the final third at times last season. This was partially down to teams putting 10 or 11 players behind the ball and cutting down our options. I don't think the addition of Sanches would make any difference here.

Rather than always looking to score the perfect goal we should try smashing the ball goal-wards every now and again and gambling on the loose ball; they all count.

If he had the same conversion rate as Kane then he would have scored 36 goals in the league alone!
I think 60 goals would be pushing it slightly, but considering that more of Sergio's chances were clean-cut and that Sergio's shots were from a closer range on average, he should have scored 36 goals or more to have had a good season (unless you rate Kane as the better striker, which is surely blasphemous). Obviously I'm talking only about shots/goals here and a fair comparison would need to take into account many more factors.

if you are talking about Jesus he's simply not yet in Aguero's class. nowhere near. we know he will be one day as of yet Aguero is quite simply the best out there. so you don't only keep him you fucking play him. don't think anyone reckons the manager is a clown but he's not a full shilling. his rotation last season was fucking hilarious, daft **** still though he was at Bayern I think. after the despair I started going to the games ready to piss my sides at his starting 11. Boro away, no Barca away, no Monaco away was my favourite.

basket case.

Jesus provided the window of how he wants 1 of his 3 to play up top, it's the consistency he will lack, but make no mistake, it put the frighteners up kun and that was down to superb management...

This club has had the piss taken out of it during our most successful period from players who have dined on that success, it's taken a guy with an even bigger name to come in and create a harmony where there is no longer a hierarchy..... it's short sighted to judge a man who is here to create a legacy on one season, however that squad last year had deficiencies from top to bottom,, an inherited squad that should of been dismantled years earlier. He made mistakes, granted but his management of aguero wasn't one of them!!

Jesus provided the window of how he wants 1 of his 3 to play up top, it's the consistency he will lack, but make no mistake, it put the frighteners up kun and that was down to superb management...

This club has had the piss taken out of it during our most successful period from players who have dined on that success, it's taken a guy with an even bigger name to come in and create a harmony where there is no longer a hierarchy..... it's short sighted to judge a man who is here to create a legacy on one season, however that squad last year had deficiencies from top to bottom,, an inherited squad that should of been dismantled years earlier. He made mistakes, granted but his management of aguero wasn't one of them!!
Very good post!

he did indeed inherit a poor squad. no denying that.

so why weaken ourselves further via rotation?

he 100% took the opponents in the prem too lightly.

lesson learned I hope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.