alexis sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not quite as upset by this as I was a week or so ago when Chelsea got Cesc; but it isn't a million miles away.

Arsene has just got himself a hell of a Footballer.

The_Mo said:
pudge said:
The_Mo said:
Actually, we do need him. We just needed a centreback, DM and GK more importantly. Sanchez is better than anything we have down the right.
And that makes him a necessity does it?
Why are we signing defenders when we already have 4 in VK, MDM, Boyata and Rekik? Because the last two are not of suficient (sp?) quality. If i had to choose one area for us to strengthen after DM,CB and Gk it would be the right hand side. Navas is of decent quality for now and we will still perform well with him in it. Next season i fully expect us to sign a right sided winger.
I'm not aware of who this MDM is but Demichelis is 33 years old, turning 34 this coming season.

Boyata will never make it here so you can write him off, Rekik is still young and untested so that leaves us with Vinny, Nastasic and a 33 year old Demichelis. Even if you factor in Rekik, we'll be back to having 3 CBs in 1/2 seasons time. So a quality CB is indeed a necessity and has been for some time now, and it seems this window is when we will finally address it.

To say we need a certain player because he's better than who we actually have smacks of Football Manager; we'd "need" practically a whole new squad if that was the case. The team scored 156 goals last season, an attacking player is the furthest from a necessity as can possibly be atm.

People clamouring for Sanchez are simply , like agyeiboateng has rather childishly stated, jealous because a rival team signed him and probably only wanted him so that another team didn't get him.

TCIB said:
MSP said:
Arsenal are back in the transfer market game. It's getting more and ore exciting and hard to win the league.

They are 10 years to late i reckon.

They are for what they might be but their financials are as good as they could be and with stadium paid and new sponsorship deals they'll be a threat if they continue to spend, they surely can afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.