Alexis Sanchez

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by MegaBlue, 3 May 2016.

1. domalino

domalino

The bookies were insanely slow to even acknowledge our interest. I put a bet on at the end of May at 6/1, by that time Sam Lee, Mullock etc. had already been putting out that he was our #1 target and Maks Cardenas & Gerard Romero had said it was going to happen. Tolmie, Ahsan and co. had all said it was progressing but the main papers, and any journalist you wouldn't consider a "city" journalist over here seemed to refuse to acknowledge the story and the bookies were the same.

2. domalino

domalino

When people talk about history they really mean 1980-2004.

It's a magical time in English football where all history was written.

3. yeah whatever !!

yeah whatever !!

Gas engineer - used to be samharris
    And prey tell my good man,what did they do in 1925 ??

let me guess..£50 world record transfer fee. ?

4. uwe rosler 28

uwe rosler 28

Anyone else think ruminegger was talking shite and Bayern a balls deep in for Sanchez???

5. @BluePhil8

@BluePhil8

They have just signed James.

6. JustAnotherCityFan

JustAnotherCityFan

I can't recall any transfer recently where a player has seemingly agreed personal terms with us and we've ended up sacking him off and balking at a price set from the selling club. Many were wanting us to walk away from Sterling, Stones and Walker as the fee rose and rose but we got them done.

Just feels like even if we have to pay £75m-80m we'll get it done eventually. They always say the hard part is getting the personal terms agreed. If we have the player determined to come to us and Pep has him as his number 1 attacking target it's getting done imo.

7. The Doctor

The Doctor

Well Pep seems to be getting the full financial support to get his targets in! So the only stumbling block is Arsenal's willingness to sell to us!

8. Colin Bells Boots

Colin Bells Boots

That's not the way those types of poster actually work though , is it ?

It's much easier to quote the " no 'istory line " as a cheap put down of City and the club's achievements before the " oil money " rolled in.

Personally feel that it is better just to totally ignore them, ( and the media ) and enjoy the current phase the team is in.

Ignorant and stupid people are the hardest to persuade anyway, so why waste time and energy trying ?

9. calum down

calum down

otium cum dignitate
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. JustAnotherCityFan

JustAnotherCityFan

Yeah. I just think we'd have heard more from either City or Arsenal on this if it couldn't happen. One would categorically shut it down and we'd be hearing more rumours of other names bandied about. We could also just go balls deep for lemar if they refused and he would actually be a good alternative. I reckon we've agreed to let them sign Lemar first and then we sign Sanchez at a high price.