Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but with Sanchez, it's more a case of who would start. Nolito seems reasonably happy to be a backup whereas Sanchez would expect to (and probably would) start most games. So who misses out? They might have been involved in 91 games, but they collectively played 2921 minutes in the league and CL, which is 503 minutes less than Kevin De Bruyne.

Here's a list of our attacking players and how many games they played in (substitute appearances in brackets):

KDB - 53 (5)
Aguero - 44 (8)
Sterling - 46 (6)
Silva - 46 (3)
Sane - 37 (8)
Jesus - 11 (2)
Navas - 35 (17)
Nolito - 28 (14)
Iheanacho - 28 (20)

If you add up Navas, Iheanacho and Nolito, you get 40 starts, which it just about enough to bring a player like Sanchez in and keep him happy. But we've already brought in Bernardo in a similar position, and we'd probably expect Jesus to make an extra 30 appearances next season. I can't see us bringing Sanchez in tbh, unless we're basically saying that either Sterling, Silva or Aguero are finished at the club, or at least willing to play a backup role for a significant number of games. And I can't see Pep doing that.

We've gone nina be losing
True, but with Sanchez, it's more a case of who would start. Nolito seems reasonably happy to be a backup whereas Sanchez would expect to (and probably would) start most games. So who misses out? They might have been involved in 91 games, but they collectively played 2921 minutes in the league and CL, which is 503 minutes less than Kevin De Bruyne.

Here's a list of our attacking players and how many games they played in (substitute appearances in brackets):

KDB - 53 (5)
Aguero - 44 (8)
Sterling - 46 (6)
Silva - 46 (3)
Sane - 37 (8)
Jesus - 11 (2)
Navas - 35 (17)
Nolito - 28 (14)
Iheanacho - 28 (20)

If you add up Navas, Iheanacho and Nolito, you get 40 starts, which it just about enough to bring a player like Sanchez in and keep him happy. But we've already brought in Bernardo in a similar position, and we'd probably expect Jesus to make an extra 30 appearances next season. I can't see us bringing Sanchez in tbh, unless we're basically saying that either Sterling, Silva or Aguero are finished at the club, or at least willing to play a backup role for a significant number of games. And I can't see Pep doing that.

That's exactly what I was saying. I didn't mean to replace the 3 that are leaving with 3 players, but with Sanchez only. 40 starts would keep Sanchez happy. Bernardo for me will play in the 2 positions KDB &a Silva have played in towards the end of the season, rather in the front 3. Although he could cover in a crisis for sure.

We'd have 5 from Aguero, Sanchez, Jesus, Sane and Sterling for the front 3 positions up top. And 2 from Silva, KDB, Bernardo and Gundogan for the 2 positions in front of the DM. With 60+ games to play next season, there's plenty of games to go around and we would be very strong whoever we decided to field...

Navas contributed at right back for a small part of the season. Just checked, 5 games out of the 31 he played so your wrong to say he just featured as a right back. He featured much more at the top end of the pitch over the entire season. As I stated, Navas, Nolito and Kelechi played in 95 games to various degrees, so while not regular starters they did contribute. I'm not advocating buying 3 players to replace these 3, but we do need more up there than what we have and Sanchez is probably available and world class

4 into 3 means we have absolutely no cover for any injury or suspension from the bench apart from an untried kid at this level. It would be suicidal to go with what your suggesting..

During both our championship seasons 2011/12 (Aguero, Dzeko, balotelli & tevez) and 2013/14 (Aguero, dzeko, Negrado & Jovetic) we had 4 into 2 and they all contributed at certain points during those seasons. so why you think 5 into 3 is too much isn't logical. 5 is the minimum we should have for the front 3 positions.

We had 7 this year with Aguero, Jesus, Nolito, Navas, Kelechi, Sane and Sterling which is too much in terms of numbers but not enough in terms of quality. But 3 are gone and 5 including Sanchez would be very strong. Just don't get how anyone would not want this to happen?
You've overlooked the arrival of Jesus. When the season finishes when all the players are available, Jesus was pushed out to right back.

My point is that those claiming that the sale of Navas frees up an attacking role are wrong because with Gabriel Jesus, Navas did not have an attacking role at City at that time.

5 into 3 only works if 2 of those 3 accept a limited role.

You've overlooked the arrival of Jesus. When the season finishes when all the players are available, Jesus was pushed out to right back.

My point is that those claiming that the sale of Navas frees up an attacking role are wrong because with Gabriel Jesus, Navas did not have an attacking role at City at that time.

5 into 3 only works if 2 of those 3 accept a limited role.

I haven't, several players were over played, namely Aguero, KDB, Silva and Sterling because of the lack of quality elsewhere in the squad. And I don't think Sane missed a game from mid Jan aswell. Jesus, Sterling and Sane are young players and over playing them isn't going to be to their or our benefit. We also struck lucky with Aguero, who didn't get injured all season from memory. That's likely to not happen again, 5 is the minimum we need in a 60 game season. To go in with 4 means we have no option from the bench if someone's injured or suspended. Suicidal approach!

Players who are 28 like Aguero and sanchez should be told we can extend there careers by 10 years if they play around 40 games a season! Run yourself into the ground you be finished at the highest level by the age of 32/33

KDB - 53 (5)
Aguero - 44 (8)
Sterling - 46 (6)
Silva - 46 (3)
Sane - 37 (8)
Jesus - 11 (2)
Navas - 35 (17)
Nolito - 28 (14)
Iheanacho - 28 (20)

Nolito isnt happy mate...I think he could be sold this summer...

City Watch‏ @City_Watch 15h15 hours ago
Nolito to @tjcope: "I'm crazy about returning (to Spain). They (City) keep signing players, let's see if they'll let me leave easily."

City Watch‏ @City_Watch 14h14 hours ago
Replying to @City_Watch
Nolito: "Until December I was playing and happy. In the last 4 months, I've basically not played. I don't know why, you'd have to ask Pep."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.