Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it, game over man, game over. @Ozilcentro has confirmed he's staying at Arsenal on Twitter. That must 100% definitely be the end of it then.

He's saying they're going to sign James too so I suppose the rags need to give up on that pipe dream as well.

3 strikers for one position is too much, what other top teams do is play a winger their in case of an injury crisis.
Not when you only play one Striker in the first place, why change the shape of your team for that, Sane is exceptional at what he is doing now and Sterling wont be as effective in that role we have seen it already. Kun missed 10 games through suspensions and injuries so its a big risk then to just rely on Jesus if Kelechi is going

Same, only thing that would worry me is a move to the rags tbh as he'd seriously improve that lot. I think signings in that age/fee/wage bracket should only really be considered if we've a gaping hole in the squad that needs filled with a ready made player - see the full back positions. We're not in that position in the forward areas so it would be a luxury signing.

Really proper squad management would see us avoid these transfers altogether.

As you say, if he moves, it's better to us as a 'luxury signing' than to a team he would hugely improve.

But on the whole, I'd prefer we didn't have to worry about either.

Thought he was nailed on? Why all the sudden panic?

The only thing I can see is because some Arsenal ITK posted on Twitter:

ALEXIS AND ÖZIL ARE STAYINGGGGGGGGGGGGG AND A NEW SIGNING IS COMINGGGGGGGG AAARRSEENALLLLLLLLLLL FC

Sounds legit....

The only thing I can see is because some Arsenal ITK posted on Twitter:

ALEXIS AND ÖZIL ARE STAYINGGGGGGGGGGGGG AND A NEW SIGNING IS COMINGGGGGGGG AAARRSEENALLLLLLLLLLL FC

Sounds legit....
I have my suspicions as to it's authenticity, not a single "cuz", "blud", "fam" or "innit". Can't be a real Arsenal fan.

Best player in the prem for me this season, if we could get him we do.

The front 5 positions we would have so many options with Sanchez, Aguero, Sane, KDB, Silva, Silva, Jesus, Sterling & Gundogan all rotating!!

Yes, it will be a competition for everyone to get games but the amount of effort they will put in on each game knowing there place is in the line.

Sanchez last season scored more than Sané, Sterling, B. Silva and Jesus combined, granted Jesus came in Jamuary and was injured. But that is what we need to prepare for, injuries. Now Sanchez is not necessarily the one to buy, but it would be great to have a 3rd striker who can stand shoulder to shoulder with Aguero and Jesus.

We have enough games and rotation and subs with 4 competitions. If we have 3 true no. 10s who can play as a no.9 we will be in enough games to fight on all fronts. Last season we were out of the cups and didn't reach the later CL stages early because aside from problems at the back we just didn't have enough firepower to go around as we used to and were bereft of ideas, had an isolated aguero first half of the season, or threw in Iheanacho who only works as a finisher not part of play.

We won the titles because we had more firepower, how many games with 3 scores and above did we get? We trounced Spurs 11 goals in two games, the 6-1, Dzeko's 4 goals against Newcastle. Now we can barely pull a draw at home because we are too busy fixing the leaky back. 0-0s and 1-1s that's not us now, it was us then in Mancini's first season.

Sanchez has dragged arsenal many times this season but they have far too many average players to keep momentum. Sanchez to arsenal is like Hazard to chelsea, Suarez to the liverpool, Tevez to us. Players who just split the defence open like knife through butter.

We don't have to buy Sanchez, but it would be great to have a Sanchez like player to be part of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.