Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this was more about the principle than the thought of what Alexis could contribute next season. Wenger and the board had fought themselves in a corner and the way they've conducted themselves today was poor (even in the eyes of their own fans). The Arsenal I knew of old would not hang onto a top player going into the last year of his contract - not clinging on to the remote chance that he will perform for you this season - coupled with the fact that his own team mates want him gone. Then again the Arsenal of old wouldn't have top players (and their own players) choosing Liverpool over them.

We haven't had any top players choosing Liverpool over us. We've had a delusional player think he can play midfield at Liverpool because we wouldn't offer it to him.

Not with any English clubs. Only foreign teams. English clubs can talk to him about a free transfer as of July 1st.

So Girona sign him in January on a pre contract before someone else does and loan him to us from July for a season with an option to buy, all above board ;-)

Sanchez is apparently "devastated " over the failed move.
City will be back in Jan, where he will still be eligible for CL.
Apparently Gazidis called Ferran this morning to say the 2nd bid was acceptable, so it was down to Arsenal not being able to perform when it came down to sqeaky bum time! Nothing new there eh?!!!

Moody as fuck that tune.

Incredibly under rated band mate.

Nice to see another Blue who just 'knows'.

@paulpowerstash will enjoy this little chat ;)
I've got a couple of live albums of them. Got bizarro tucked away somewhere. They toured this year playing 'George best' in its entirety but didn't get to see them, not sure if they are still on tour actually. Always remember seeing them on top of the pops singing brassneck and Dave gedge trudging off stage, hands in pocket and the song not even finished.

Given that, according to Mullock we first approached Arsenal in May, I don't see what else we could have really done.

A transfer request would have changed nothing. Arsenal already knew he wanted out. Coutinho And Van Dijk both submitted transfer requests. Where are they both now?

Wenger had his head in the sand for 3 months - that was the basis of the problem.

Get girona to sign sanchez and loan him to us. And then buy him in jan.
Spanish window closes tomorrow.

But our window shuts in 2mins so we can't loan him! What we could do is buy him off them in Jan & he plays for them until then. But isn't there a rule you can only register with 2 clubs in one season? So that'd be out the window too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.