Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is whether he can just switch it back on if we sign him. He may well do but there are no guarantees if he spends 4 or 5 months struggling for form for whatever reason.

There is another issue too. He won't be an automatic starter in this team and will be subbed more than his liking. If he agrees to that, then he is welcome.

Really hard to make the case that we were in desperate need of Sanchez on deadline day. I'd say a DM pivot like Weigl, a CB, or even a back-up LB is more of a priority.

We're not exactly awash with goalscorers although those we have are somewhat awash with goals, but I think that Sanchez isn't a particular answer to any title-winning question. And besides, Uncle Tony is not happy with the lad this morning!

When do we go chasing the next Nige? And that's Dutch Nige, not Cloughie's lad!

Jonathan Pearce stated that he thinks we will swap Aguero for Sanchez due to Guardiola not liking Aguero... This after all the praise Pep gives for him and Aguero's start to the season.

Just read that myself, what a numpty he is. Aside from the fact there's been no evidence of a rift between Aguero and Pep this season, why the hell would we swap a £100m asset for a guy we can get on a free in the summer. You just have to laugh really.

There is another issue too. He won't be an automatic starter in this team and will be subbed more than his liking. If he agrees to that, then he is welcome.
Personally, I wasn't fussed either way in the summer, it would have been exciting to make a big signing like that but I was more bothered about CB and to a lesser extent backup LB. From the first few matches, I still think the same. Looking at how Sterling and Sane are kicking on, I'd be as worried about him restricting their opportunities as I'd be excited to throw another quality player into the mix. It's not an area of the pitch that looks like it needs sorting as a priority, let's put it that way.

Just read that myself, what a numpty he is. Aside from the fact there's been no evidence of a rift between Aguero and Pep this season, why the hell would we swap a £100m asset for a guy we can get on a free in the summer. You just have to laugh really.

Ian Ladyboy in the Daily Fail reckons he has evidence that there is, and Pep was willing to let him go in the summer.

Sergio is no fool. Why would he want to join Arsenal with City on the cusp of greatness? It makes no footballing sense for a top player approaching the back end of his career, and still wanting to win medals, to join Wenger and his mentally weak team.
In any case he has publicly stated that he would like to join Indepiente at the end of his current contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.