Alexis Sanchez

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by MegaBlue, 3 May 2016.

1. So from 60% of your season he’s played 102 minutes? I’m hardly surprised that he wasn’t nominated for player of the month. Vincent Kompany wasn’t nominated either.

2. Marvin

Marvin

Student
    Hardly.

3. skiddypants

skiddypants

Yes I agree on they could of done it six months ago.Although PSG had other things on.
    I would love City to get this guy for peanuts or even free!
    It will not happen, You may have a chance at Ozil for peanuts but this guy is far to big.
    If he runs his contract down then he maybe free,the signing on fee and agent fees will be High.
    Every club is going to come sniffing around this deal.
    40/50m should blow them away.
    Let the dreamer's dream.

4. GunnerGer

GunnerGer

He might well be, but my post was in response to a couple that said Sanchez has been our best player this season, when that's not been the case. The reasons why is another debate.

See above. My response was to posts saying he's been amongst our best players this season. My post was purely to try & argue otherwise. What you have pointed out is backing my point up.

5. dave_blue12

dave_blue12

Your points whilst valid, of course, highlight what idiocy it was by Arsenal to turn down a large fee for him a couple of months ago.

Flushing cash down the toilet so Sanchez could lead the charge ! Beginning to look like just flushing away cash !

6. Claytop

Claytop

7. GunnerGer

GunnerGer

Probably. Although initially undecided, I did want us to cash in in the end.

To be fair to him mind you, he's playing his way back to fitness, we hope the from comes with it. Not sure what effect the world cup disappointment will have.

Anyway, 'the charge' was to lead us back to Champions League, and we're currently a point of 3rd, so not quite a busted flush yet.

8. Didsbury Dave

Didsbury Dave

You know what I think happened on deadline day? I think that Arsenal and City played a game of "who blinks first" in that last hour. I don't believe Arsenal's interest in Lemar was genuine. If they were going to do a deal of that magnitude it would have been agreed well in advance. I think Arsenal used that to try and get City to hike the agreed fee at the last minute. I reckon both parties sat by their phone, City played hardball and Arsenal were left holding the most expensive one year contract in football history.

For this reason they will be desperate to recoup something in January. I reckon he's City-bound.

9. andyhinch

andyhinch

Given the goal difference realistically that's 2 point, alternatively your a point above burnley :-)

10. dave_blue12

dave_blue12

I think your theory has merit.

Clearly Arse massively fucked up !