Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the truth though mate, look at our results and the part he's played.

Arsenal 4 - 3 Leicester - 0 mins
Stoke 1 - 0 Arsenal - 0 mins
Liverpool 4 - 0 Arsenal - 62mins
Arsenal 3 - 0 Bournemouth - 16mins
Arsenal 3 - 1 Cologne - 90mins - Goal
Chelsea 0 - 0 Arsenal - 24mins
Arsenal 1 - 0 Doncaster - 90mins
Arsenal 2 - 0 West Brom - 83mins
Bate Borisov 2 - 4 Arsenal - 0mins
Arsenal 2 - 0 Brighton - 90mins

I think it's fair to say apart from the Cologne game he's not had that much of a decisive influence so far in games. I'm not criticising the man, he's not slacking, he's not moping, he's putting in the effort & doing everything asked of him, he's just not had the influence that he had last season in deciding games as of yet. That might hopefully still come.
So from 60% of your season he’s played 102 minutes? I’m hardly surprised that he wasn’t nominated for player of the month. Vincent Kompany wasn’t nominated either.

The could have all done that last summer when he had a year left on his contract but they didn't do it then and they won't do it in January with him being six months older and the value of his registration falling towards zero. What makes you think that PSG, the rags and the rest will suddenly see Sanchez as being all sweetness and light right now when they didn't see that last summer?

Yes I agree on they could of done it six months ago.Although PSG had other things on.
I would love City to get this guy for peanuts or even free!
It will not happen, You may have a chance at Ozil for peanuts but this guy is far to big.
If he runs his contract down then he maybe free,the signing on fee and agent fees will be High.
Every club is going to come sniffing around this deal.
40/50m should blow them away.
Let the dreamer's dream.

Ever considered he might just be saving himself?

He might well be, but my post was in response to a couple that said Sanchez has been our best player this season, when that's not been the case. The reasons why is another debate.

So from 60% of your season he’s played 102 minutes? I’m hardly surprised that he wasn’t nominated for player of the month. Vincent Kompany wasn’t nominated either.

See above. My response was to posts saying he's been amongst our best players this season. My post was purely to try & argue otherwise. What you have pointed out is backing my point up.

He might well be, but my post was in response to a couple that said Sanchez has been our best player this season, when that's not been the case. The reasons why is another debate.

See above. My response was to posts saying he's been amongst our best players this season. My post was purely to try & argue otherwise. What you have pointed out is backing my point up.

Your points whilst valid, of course, highlight what idiocy it was by Arsenal to turn down a large fee for him a couple of months ago.

Flushing cash down the toilet so Sanchez could lead the charge ! Beginning to look like just flushing away cash !

Your points whilst valid, of course, highlight what idiocy it was by Arsenal to turn down a large fee for him a couple of months ago.

Flushing cash down the toilet so Sanchez could lead the charge ! Beginning to look like just flushing away cash !

Probably. Although initially undecided, I did want us to cash in in the end.

To be fair to him mind you, he's playing his way back to fitness, we hope the from comes with it. Not sure what effect the world cup disappointment will have.

Anyway, 'the charge' was to lead us back to Champions League, and we're currently a point of 3rd, so not quite a busted flush yet.

To be fair to him mind you, he's playing his way back to fitness, we hope the from comes with it. Not sure what effect the world cup disappointment will have.

Anyway, 'the charge' was to lead us back to Champions League, and we're currently a point of 3rd, so not quite a busted flush yet.

You know what I think happened on deadline day? I think that Arsenal and City played a game of "who blinks first" in that last hour. I don't believe Arsenal's interest in Lemar was genuine. If they were going to do a deal of that magnitude it would have been agreed well in advance. I think Arsenal used that to try and get City to hike the agreed fee at the last minute. I reckon both parties sat by their phone, City played hardball and Arsenal were left holding the most expensive one year contract in football history.

For this reason they will be desperate to recoup something in January. I reckon he's City-bound.

Given the goal difference realistically that's 2 point, alternatively your a point above burnley :-)

You know what I think happened on deadline day? I think that Arsenal and City played a game of "who blinks first" in that last hour. I don't believe Arsenal's interest in Lemar was genuine. If they were going to do a deal of that magnitude it would have been agreed well in advance. I think Arsenal used that to try and get City to hike the agreed fee at the last minute. I reckon both parties sat by their phone, City played hardball and Arsenal were left holding the most expensive one year contract in football history.

For this reason they will be desperate to recoup something in January. I reckon he's City-bound.

I think your theory has merit.

Clearly Arse massively fucked up !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.