Alexis Sanchez

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by MegaBlue, 3 May 2016.

1. GunnerGer

GunnerGer

That might be the case mate. I think there the Liverpool game brought about an element of panic. I have no idea if Arsenal were 'playing the game' all summer, but the manner of the Liverpool defeat certainly ruffled feathers. From then on it was handled poorly. Again, i've no idea if the Lemar bid was genuine, but 1 thing is for sure, Wenger wanted the lad, & probably still does. Given how it panned out, it did look a cluster fuck, although i don't think Wenger will be unhappy that he can still call on Sanchez for a wee while.

Oh, & i've always reckoned he's City bound, whether it was the summer there, January or next summer.

It's all early doors anyway mate. After the disaster of the Liverpool game, i'm reasonably content where we are now. We all know about our weaknesses, but i'm happy to see similar weaknesses in the teams around us (Spurs @ Wembley, Liverpool's defence, Chelsea's form a bit inconsistent). You guys look another level.

Last edited: 12 Oct 2017
  2. TheThirdDeano

TheThirdDeano

I think it's very clear what's going to happen and how badly Arsenal fucked it up.

3. andyhinch

andyhinch

Take no notice of me, after watching city for nearly 50 years I get more pleasure from schadenfreude than is healthy ;-)

4. I'm no cynic but...

I'm no cynic but...

Retired
    There's plenty of silly money being spent in this game, but suggesting that clubs may spend that kind of money in January is bonkers. There's no way that any Financial Director and of any club will sanction such a deal when that same deal can be completed for free less than six months later.

5. cadds92

cadds92

I think he will move in January but it won't be just us going for him.

For the price he could be attainable at every top team in Europe will be interested, even if he is free next summer.

6. IanBishopsHaircut

IanBishopsHaircut

Reprobate
    GUARDIOLA

7. karen7

karen7

Are we there yet? i want him here

8. cadds92

cadds92

I think we will get him.

The hard work was done in the summer.

9. vmsuhail

vmsuhail

I hope we can get him for around 30m, and also buy a decent left-back.

10. calum down

calum down

otium cum dignitate