Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The perception of being a big club should come 2nd to a club being run sensibly in truth. Sanchez should not be your be all & end all of your club, but if he is, that tells you all you need to know about Arsenal's recent transfer policy. Big clubs shouldn't be about 1 player whether that player is Messi, the fake Ronaldo or not.

To be honest with you, as I said in my previous post, if someone said to me they wanted to leave & the reasons for this couldn't be resolved, I'd have sold to the highest bidder whilst looking for a like for like or better replacement. The fact you didn't is all on Arsenal & like you said probably down to the fact they think they're still a big club in the Sky Top 4 cartel

Spurs & City have put paid to the Sky Top 4 & made it a top 6 at best, but if the definition of a big club is that they appear regularly in the CL, well 6 into 4 doesn't go & 2 will have to lose out every season. Arsenal are still a big club, but like others 'big clubs', you seem slow in realising the EPL, isn't the Sky Top 4 cakewalk it once was. Cutting off your noses to spite your faces over Sanchez, perfectly illustrates that.

Oh, i think it's clear as day we have a problem with the structure of the club, from the owner down, that breeds a culture of being content to tread rather than trying to be a modern, ambitious club. Look at the ownership structure. An owner that is content to sit there allowing the value of his investment to increase with minimum effort from him. A board that include the likes of Sir Chips Keswick (77), Ken Friar (83), Lord Harris of Peckham (75) & the owners son, hardly screams dynamic ambition. Until this gets addressed i don't see much changing. We've hired the likes of Team Sky's legal expert to deal with contract negotiaitions & the like, talk of Overmars etc coming in to do a similar role to which he does at Ajax, but it's those closer to the top that need to let go if we are to try & push on, starting with the guy at the very top.

Last edited:
A 28 year old Sanchez or (possibly) a 31 year old Messi?

You...decide (said in a faux Geordie accent)

hqdefault.jpg

Oh, i think it's clear as day we have a problem with the structure of the club, from the owner down, that breeds a culture of being content to tread rather than trying to be a modern, ambitious club. Look at the ownership structure. An owner that is content to sit there allowing the value of his investment to increase with minimum effort from him. A board that include the likes of Sir Chips Keswick (77), Ken Friar (83), Lord Harris of Peckham (75) & the owners son, hardly screams dynamic ambition. Until this gets addressed i don't see much changing. We've hired the likes of Team Sky's legal expert to deal with contract negotiations & the like, talk of Overmars etc coming in to do a similar role to which he does at Ajax, but it's those closer to the top that need to let go if we are to try & push on, starting with the guy at the very top.
As Peter Swales proved with City, being at the top of a club is as much about kudos, as it is money. We've had to watch as people like Swales lapped it up as FA soirees as the club lurched from one crisis to another.

It always tickles me when you see a board of blazer-wearing, old money stiffs refusing to give way to progress. Arsenal have it all imo, but like you said they need to show more ambition and drive in order to move on. I've always liked Wenger's footballing philosophy, but I've always suspected Wenger has less power than we all credit him with at Arsenal. The only all powerful manager I've seen was Ferguson, but even his power waned as the Glazer's dragged ManUre into a financial mire.

Arsenal has always been mostly run as a profitable business, which was OK years ago when there was only 3 other teams for them to seriously consider every season, but now with the money that Chelsea, City, ManUre, Real, Barca, PSG & others are willing to spend, Arsenal's deadline day £94m bid for Lamar was too little too late. It was like the Gunners had to be dragged kicking and screaming to a party they didn't want to attend, but it was a party that all their rivals (bar Spurs) were already sat comfortably at the table, so they had to go, like it or not.

It always makes me laff when Wenger goes on about the obscene amount of money that 'new money' clubs like City spend, when completely ignoring the insane amount of money ManUre, Real, Barca, Milan, Inter & Juve have always spent. Wenger's arguments would hold more water had he not spent £40m on Ozil & bid £94m for Lamar, when as it stands, our record buy is still KDB at £54.5m.

In the fantasy world of last summer, some sections of the media [John Cross, Ray Parlour, Paul Merson and anyone strongly linked to TalkShite] were having ot that Sanchez would or should be swapped for Aguero or for Sterling plus cash. Now it looks like we'll have all three in January. Can't imagine the gooners being too happy with that, unless it means Wenger getting the sack.

As Peter Swales proved with City, being at the top of a club is as much about kudos, as it is money. We've had to watch as people like Swales lapped it up as FA soirees as the club lurched from one crisis to another.

It always tickles me when you see a board of blazer-wearing, old money stiffs refusing to give way to progress. Arsenal have it all imo, but like you said they need to show more ambition and drive in order to move on. I've always liked Wenger's footballing philosophy, but I've always suspected Wenger has less power than we all credit him with at Arsenal. The only all powerful manager I've seen was Ferguson, but even his power waned as the Glazer's dragged ManUre into a financial mire.

Arsenal has always been mostly run as a profitable business, which was OK years ago when there was only 3 other teams for them to seriously consider every season, but now with the money that Chelsea, City, ManUre, Real, Barca, PSG & others are willing to spend, Arsenal's deadline day £94m bid for Lamar was too little too late. It was like the Gunners had to be dragged kicking and screaming to a party they didn't want to attend, but it was a party that all their rivals (bar Spurs) were already sat comfortably at the table, so they had to go, like it or not.

It always makes me laff when Wenger goes on about the obscene amount of money that 'new money' clubs like City spend, when completely ignoring the insane amount of money ManUre, Real, Barca, Milan, Inter & Juve have always spent. Wenger's arguments would hold more water had he not spent £40m on Ozil & bid £94m for Lamar, when as it stands, our record buy is still KDB at £54.5m.

Pretty much nail on the head there fella!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.