Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he is a bit huffy in a disfunctional Arsenal set up doesn5 mean he will be the same with us. Anyway Pep wouldn’t put up with it for a second.

Good player - but we have much more pressing needs at holding mid, LB and CB. If Sanchez will join us on a free (likely Summer) or at a bargain rate (Winter assuming that Arsenal will deal and that other clubs don't bump his price way up) then we'd be silly not to sign him. Otherwise, Sanchez is a luxury signing that we can very much do without.

Well he's lost a yard of pace, has a poor attitude and I don' think anyone's thought of this, but think back to 72 and Rodney Marsh joining us.
I'd suggest that 'lost yard of pace' would be no different to any other 28 year old. Having said that, does this lost yard of pace now put him behind or in front of Aguero, B Silva, D Silva, Fernandinho, KDB & Jesus in the 'Like shit off a hot shovel' speed stakes?

Outside of the last 12 months at Arsenal can you offer up any other instances of Sanchez's bad attitude? Is he the only star player in recent history to become frustrated at Arsenal's inability to sustain a challenge for major trophies (Henry, Vieira, Fabregas, Gallas, RVP, Nasri)?

I can't see any negatives as I've stated. Can you point a few out for me?

This squad looks together, balanced and happy. I am not saying for one second he is a bad character but I don't think it would positively affect Aguero for example. As it stands players are being rotated and at a decent rate, I think much more may start causing unrest but I may be wrong. We are guessing injuries and suspensions as a way of justifying rotating anymore going forward.

I also don't think he has performed that well this season, be it in a huff over the summer that doesn't reflect well on him and going back to my previous point squad harmony.

If we sign him I hope I am wrong on all of the above and we win everything!

I'd suggest that 'lost yard of pace' would be no different to any other 28 year old. Having said that, does this lost yard of pace now put him behind or in front of Aguero, B Silva, D Silva, Fernandinho, KDB & Jesus in the 'Like shit off a hot shovel' speed stakes?

Outside of the last 12 months at Arsenal can you offer up any other instances of Sanchez's bad attitude? Is he the only star player in recent history to become frustrated at Arsenal's inability to sustain a challenge for major trophies (Henry, Vieira, Fabregas, Gallas, RVP, Nasri)?

only one to be frustrated? no, only one to down tools probably.

That would be the other way of looking at it ;-)

I agree about the attitude issue - not a concern for me, but I didn't understand your first line.

How and why are you grouping Aguero, B&D Silva, Fernandinho, KDB & Jesus together in this speed stake argument? I don't get where you are going with this.

Sanchez was a wide forward with great power, and technique. If he loses speed, it's a big deal for a wide forward. David Silva takes a ball, controls it instantly and weaves magic. Totally different game. He's tenacious and got such great touch, but a totally different player who is not going to be so affected by age - at least I hope not.

David White is a poor man's Alexis Sanchez. Similar in physique but not got the same technique, but if you took away Whitey's speed you'd take away half his effectiveness. You take away Sanchez's edge he ends up reinventing himself as midfielder and that's what he's doing now. Still a good player, but no longer elite. If we buy him, we'll be buying a lesser player than the one which graced the Udinese, Barcelona and Arsenal shirt, and he's a player we no longer need.

Gabriel Jesus and Alexis Sanchez. I know who I would play up front. Would you ever pick Sanchez ahead of Jesus? And if you think about this question, think about the players as they are now, not who they once were. That is what, if I can say so with respect, a lot of fans are doing in this thread, they think of Sanchez as the player who destroyed defences over the years but players do age, and we aren't dealing with that player any more. If I am wrong, then between now and the transfer window we should see some evidence of it in terms of goals and assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.