Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is. Definitely playing a lot of games deeper than last season.

And then Lacazette came on

I think your eyes are deceiving you.

There is data out there for this and his "average position" in the last 5 games he has started is always in an advanced position. In fact in 2 of those games he he was the "highest" Arsenal player on the pitch. In the other 3 games he was the "2nd highest" and clearly in an, er, forward position.

I'm sure a lot of older Blues are thinking the very same thing.

Obviously before my time but I don't think the 2 scenario's are at all comparable. The City team of that era was essentially a much smaller, tight-knit group of players for whom perhaps Marsh's arrival (and associated wide-boy flash image) was an unwelcome and destabilising addition. For the City squad of 2017 and the game in general, bringing-in quality and squad evolution is very much the norm.

We will reach a point when things don't run quite as smoothly, people will get injuries, players will lose form and the team may struggle to maintain the same levels of intensity. The money-men are unlikely to allow the authorities to allow us to run away with things either. We know it, so does the manager, so do the players. Adding talent such as Sanchez in January will help to mitigate that.

It's times like this that I worry about Marvin's sanity, how on earth he manages to compare the physique of Sanchez with David White is incredible.

And to gloat on predicting his form has dropped off this season is frankly laughable, I wonder why that might have happened.....

It's times like this that I worry about Marvin's sanity, how on earth he manages to compare the physique of Sanchez with David White is incredible.

And to gloat on predicting his form has dropped off this season is frankly laughable, I wonder why that might have happened.....
I'd hazard a guess that some of our current players wouldn't look too good playing for Arsenal right now.

I'm not sure he ever had a yard to lose
tbh, I`ve never thought of him as a lightning quick player(not slow by any means of course), but he has a solid engine and progress forward with dribbling much more than pure speed.Reminds me of Tevez who didnt loose too much of his edge when he gradually got slower.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.