Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree with @blueparrot .
That's why I am sure Sanchez was the 5th forward to be added in summer and since it didn't happen Bernardo has to help covering Raz instead of covering Silva and KDB. Pep had to change his plans.

Bernardo Silva said he'd be palying on the left and right wing the day he signed for us, on the 26th May. So the idea he only plays there because the Sanchez deal fell through is something you've just made up.

Defensive players don't have the same intensity and mental pressure as forwards, that's not rocket science. We have many great defending teams in PL and even lower leagues. Our game is outstanding and dominating through our creative elements.
Therefore it's key to have fresh players in the creative part of our game. Fresh legs and fresh head. We will always see more rotation in our forward department compared to our defence, where we want to see stability.

Thus I don't really get why so many think we are overloaded upfront, even now.

Sorry but I think that's complete and utter bullshit, it really is. Defending with another 10 players on the edge of your own box is not hugely mentally taxing,no. Defending for Guardiola is a completely different thing altogether and incredibly mentally and physically taxing, Pep has said as much himself.

They are defending half the pitch between 3 of them mostly, they are taking on the very mentally taxing operation of playing out through the press, knowing any mistake likely leads to a goal and actually if you hadn't noticed, they are key to our attack through creative passing from deep without which we create nothing, see Wolves when we had a full strength attack getting nowhere because Otamendi, Stones and Fernandinho didn't play.

If you think they aren't working as hard mentally as the forwards I don't know what team you've been watching. No pressure on the defenders, you cannot be serious??!

Some of those problems could be offset by Mangala and/or Toure leaving and being replaced in January. Whether or not three arrivals in that window is realistic, I don't know, but you'd think the club would do everything in their power to get Guardiola the players he needs for a crack at the PL & CL this season. With the relative issues facing Bayern, Barca and Real there is an opportunity there.

Hey, if we get players to cover CB, LB and defensive midfield in January, and then sign Sanchez, I certainly won't complain.

There'll still be problems thrown up by it, like ending any chance of Brahim or Foden coming through, massively increasing our wage bill and giving us the awkward problem of keeping world class forwards on the bench for 60% of games happy (likely leading to one of our current players leaving like it did at Madrid) - but I won't be worried that short term it'll be detrimental to our title chances this year, which it will be IMO if it happens at the expense of those defensive signings.

I'd give it up.
There's a few so entrenched in the view that they won't change. They're not here to discuss they're here to brow beat.
They're the boors in the corner of the pub you try to engage with them end up leaving well alone, on their own.
I know mate, but I'm truly stunned why many of them can't see this and why his pace or lack of has become such a major issue?

I've long suspected that the main reason the Sanchez naysayers is because of the start to the season we've made. If it was less than impressive, I reckon there'd be a stampede for his signing. However, what most of the 'No to Sanchez' brigade fail to recognise is that we're a couple of injuries away from the wagon falling off the wheels.

A good mate of mine you used to say 'Never give a sucker an even break'. If we've got our foot firmly wedged on our rival's throats, I'm of the mind to stamp down and snap the fuckers' necks in half! But that's just me, maybe I'm just too soft for my own good? :-)

However, what most of the 'No to Sanchez' brigade fail to recognise is that we're a couple of injuries away from the wagon falling off the wheels.

We should probably sign another goalkeeper then, just in case Ederson gets injured. And another left back in case Delph gets injured. And another centre half in case Stones and Otamendi get injured. And definitely another DM in case Fernandinho gets injured.

Then all this is down to how you perceive downing tools. You go to the extreme of pissing off for 6 months playing golf, my downing tools is a world class player who is playing nowhere near his ability, cant think of a dip in form he has had at Arsenal to this extent. Then again he hasn't had to throw his toys out of the pram until now..............

Again, despite whatever reasons making him perform this way why would you want to sign a player playing so poorly?
So are you saying Sanchez is deliberately not playing to his best? If so, then why does he play at all?

Also, are you saying the emotional state of a person can't affect the way that person thinks & operates whether they try or not?

Bernardo Silva said he'd be palying on the left and right wing the day he signed for us, on the 26th May. So the idea he only plays there because the Sanchez deal fell through is something you've just made up.
It was you that said Bernardo Silva covers DeBruyne or Silva because that's the position he plays in. Yes he can cover left and right wing but it's not ideal, or his best position. Sanchez is ideal.

You're really not looking very hard then, are you?

Whether you agree with them or not, there's been plenty of good reasons to not sign Sanchez in January raised over the last 3000 pages, not least of which is that we have 1 free slot for a foreign player, and while we currently have 5 players for 3 forward positions, we've got 1 defensive midfielder who's about to turn 33 and has dipped in the second half of seasons before, our CB cover is Mangala who looked out of place against Wolves reserve team, and our only fit left back is a midfielder who spent the last 2 years injured and was helped off the pitch by the medical team after the Arsenal game with an injury that kept him out of the international team.

No matter how much you love Sanchez, you'd have to be completely pig-headed to not acknowledge that maybe we have more pressing concerns in the squad than a 6th forward.

We will almost defintitely get Sanchez, Pep obviously wants him, but if we buy him in January instead of reinforcing the positions in need of it, and Delph, Stones, Otamendi or Fernandinho get injured, we're fucked, no contending for the CL, no chance.
So I assume either Pep or Txiki have revealed their transfer plans to you, which is why you're so certain we're making a mistake?

Has it ever occurred to you that both Pep & Txiki know the rules on overseas players in a PL squad?

Do you really think a club the size on Manchester City Football Club have not legislated for this?

If no, then please tell me who we should buy, for how much, whether in January or May seeing assuming no-one at our club has made plans and just intends to play it by ear from January 1st onwards?

So I assume either Pep or Txiki have revealed their transfer plans to you, which is why you're so certain we're making a mistake?

Has it ever occurred to you that both Pep & Txiki know the rules on overseas players in a PL squad?

Do you really think a club the size on Manchester City Football Club have not legislated for this?

If no, then please tell me who we should buy, for how much, whether in January or May seeing assuming no-one at our club has made plans and just intends to play it by ear from January 1st onwards?

Oh bore off. As if this club has never made a mistake like signing Wilfried Bony or failing to replace the fullbacks last season thinking we could get by with the old ones.

Trying to shut down discussion on a forum for discussion by appealing to the unquestionable authority of a club which has made lots of mistakes in the past is a quite laughable really.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.