Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
People assume he's "taking someones place". We need depth in our squad, we have a shit-load of games in any given season, and we need very good players to rotate to meet the demands. I don't think he'll replace anybody, he'll be the player he is and will be used plenty to give us variety, and to give other players much needed rests.

And Dybala won't want to play every game and isn't passionate? Not sure I want him if that's true - doesn't sound like he cares.
He would come in for Aguero, who is set to leave in 1-2 seasons. Sanchez would take the playing time of Sane/Sterling. And Dybala is much younger.

Sane or Sterling gets injured and what happens then? or god forbid both. Bernardo Silva is not a winger. Need the depth

think last night proved we need alexis, bernardo is not a winger, should sane or sterling get injured, we are certainly thread bare in that department, sanchez can paly either flank or central if needed, absolute no-brainer regarding signing him

With Pep saying that he wont play Sergio and Jesus because of the lose of Mendy, would this be a compromise as I believe that Sane has improved because of Mendy not being a left wing back and them being roughly in the same space. We all know that Alexis wants to come to City, what happens if he hits the form he had at Arsenal last season. Does this stunt Sterling or Sane development as they would be three players into two. not for this season but next.
Although it would be great this season and we saw last season how gassed Sane and Sterling were at the back end. Also at the beginning of the season Jesus and Sergio seemed to be forming a great partnership and looking lethal. Since then we have played one upfront with 2 wingers. Feel as though the riggers of the premier league are affecting Jesus. He seems to be a little on the lightweight side and at times gets bullied off the ball. Still believe he will be the superstar that we all expect though.
This is where I believe Sanchez would be a great compromise as we could play him as left wing/centre forward. Although he isn't as lightning fast as Leroy he is still quick

Draxler would be amazing!
Nah! Doesn t have the Wide speed. We'd just have another Tweener who can play outside and inside, but doesn't have that breakneck pace. The list is quite easy

Gelson Martins (my favorite choice)
Inaki Williams
Coman
Dembele
Bruma
Sadio Mane
Cuadrado
Bale
Rashford

Now, I know most of the names above are not gettable, bit that's the level of pace we should be targetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.