Alexis Sanchez

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by MegaBlue, 3 May 2016.

1. bugsyblue

bugsyblue

I have disagree mate. Maybe yaya is an extreme example but give me Gundogan or B.Silva over Sanchez in that position any day. Only benefit I could see to setting out like that is if we are chasing the game but then you’d be pushing Sanchez up into a position he’s more natural and dangerous in!

2. City_Sean

City_Sean

It wouldn't work fine at all. In fact, It's so incredibly unbalanced it's almost ludicrous.

3. Dribble

Dribble

Have you ever wondered why Pep probably sees football so differently to most?

Are you saying Sanchez couldn't play as one of two advanced midfielders behind a striker?

4. Dribble

Dribble

OK, now your posts are making sense. So the fact I mentioned Sanchez as one of a central midfield 3 leads you to believe that's where I'd suggest playing him?

OK, let's think outside the box for a moment. How about if Sanchez were available last night playing Gundogan as a pivot, with Sanchez & B Silva ahead of him????

Does that make central midfield sense to you at all?

Last edited: 7 Dec 2017
  5. Dribble

Dribble

OK, allow me to clarify. If Sanchez were available to us last night, in my mind he'd have been on the bench.

Given that Sanchez would give us more options, he woupd have replaced the ageing Yaya in central midfield, but not played in his poisition.

Sanchez being here would have allowed us to play Gundogan deeper, with B Silva & Sanchez behind Jesus, with Yaya on the bench where his form alludes to where he should be.

This is what I mean by Sanchez replacing Yaya. It's thinking outside of the obvious that separates Guardiola from the average manager. Yaya being replaced by Sanchez allows us to shuffle the midfield accordingly & makes perfect sense to me.

Hopefully you now understand.

6. Dribble

Dribble

Your first example is EXACTLY the way Pep is thinking & makes more sense than your example with the ageing Yaya in a position where he'd get mullered..

Are you seriously saying Sanchez couldn't play as one of two advanced midfielders behind the main striker?

7. Dribble

Dribble

Can you explain how/why?

8. bugsyblue

bugsyblue

As in a 10 position, yes. As in a 6 or 8, the positions Silva and KDB play, no.

9. MarsLlama

MarsLlama

The one thing that confuses me about us wanting Sanchez is that his pass accuracy is appalling. Nobody in our squad, including Ederson and Mangala, has anywhere near as bad a passing accuracy as Sanchez who manages to complete about 7 in every 10 passes. Am I missing something?

10. geoff clipp

geoff clipp

In a scenario where we need cover for David Silva, I think both of those players are more suited and have more of the attributes to cover what he does. We'd get the most out of Sanchez by playing him further up the pitch. We have two players there in our squad (Bernardo and Gundogan) who we aren't getting the most out of at the moment. Hopefully it's just a case of Gundogan needing more time to bounce back from his injuries and for Bernardo to adapt, but if we end up in a situation further down the line where Sanchez was seen as a better option to cover/replace Silva than either of those two, then i think that would represent a bit of a failure to have gotten the best out of those players.