Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the player wants to make a move badly, prefers us but we are uptight and unmovable with respect to how much we can dole out, we have no right to question his ambition, motives or the rightness or otherwise of his decision should he rock up at united. This is in my humble opinion of course.
Nah, not having that. He'll be not just a money grabbing **** with zero ambition, but a money grabbing rag **** with zero ambition. Also a left back, at least until Maureen gets sacked in the summer.

All good then....

until he signs for someone else then yeah

we are in a good position. we have a great coach (best in the world), a real squad which has got considerably younger).

If we get Sanchez then it only gets stronger......if we don't, probably means that we will strengthen that position in the summer with another young and exiting player.

the only down side is IF sanchez went to utd it definitely strengthens them.....

It has to be this. Whilst any city fan would want Sanchez to play for us, I don't think we the fans or the club are showing signs of being desperate to sign him at any price, under any circumstances. If he comes fine, if he doesn't fine. We see the Alves situation being dragged up as a parallel to what is happening here, and maybe it is, but we have adapted and flourished without him. Similarly if Sanchez comes then we have a very good addition to our squad, if he doesn't then we carry on to the end of the season and bring in a young up and coming striker to partner Jesus in the long term and continue to rely on Kun to score the goals in the meantime while the new guy beds in and comes up to speed, much as Jesus is now. Sane, Sterling and Bernardo will continue to develop and become world class while youngsters from the academy and elsewhere will follow them to maintain the quality of the squad.
Personally I prefer us not to pander to any one player at the expense of team stability, we have a great spirit in the squad, which is for me, a great part of our success and that has to be maintained at any cost.
All in all, not bothered if he comes or if he doesn't, all it will mean is that our transfer strategy will have to be tweaked to accommodate the changed circumstances come the summer.
A very sensible post.

How about we don't budge from our current offer, Sanchez doesn't budge from his stance that he wants to join City, nothing happens in Jan, we sign him on a free in the summer. Jesus is back in 2 weeks, so it's no biggie. Then use the money now to get Fred in. Sign another centre back in the summer and use Fernandinho if we need centre back cover, knowing that Fred can step into the midfield. Sign a centre back in the summer when somebody better than JFE is available. Job's a good'un.

Sanchez fucked up when he went to a club which lacked ambition like Arsenal, he wouldn’t be daft enough to make the same mistake again and join a club that can’t compete for proper trophies like the rags. Sit tight till June mate if the price ain’t right for Arsenal, everything will turn out nicely.

But, unfortunately they are competing for major trophies. They won 2 last year & would be winning the league if it wasn’t for us. So, I guess, not a bad second option if he wants to leave Arse in Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.